END OF THE MOTH LOG-OUT?

Pages: first 123 next last
I get logged out from time to time and it seems like every end of the moth it is out without a reason.
We don't do anything special at the end of the month.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Do you delete your browser's cookies a lot? That might be the problem.
Perhaps once a month someone in your house is using your computer without your knowledge, then clearing the browser history to cover their tracks.
it's the end of the mothman prophecies
I don't delete the browser history and no one goes on my pc.
Those are really the only 2 possibilities. One of those 2 things are happening without you realizing.
Might be some setting to autoclear cookies regularly that one has forgotten about.
Could be external programs like CCleaner, too.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I logged onto your computer and logged you out.
It's all part of my master plan for world domination.
author=Link_2112
Those are really the only 2 possibilities. One of those 2 things are happening without you realizing.

really I don't have that.
My browser history goes almost 6 months back.

I have just AdBlock Plus and Acrobat Reader.
The Plugins are, OpenH264-Videocodec, Primetime Content Decrypion Module from Adobe, Shockwave Flash and Silverlight Plug-in.
Very strange. Sometimes your antivirus program might have that kind of broswer/cookie clearing function, or it could be malware, or some other unknown program that has this feature that you aren't aware of. You could run Malwarebytes and/or Roguekiller, see if anything comes up. Both free programs.

Try using another browser for a month or two, just to see if that logs you out too?

I can't think of anything else that would be causing this, except by some person's willful clicking of the logout button on RMN.

This might remain a mystery if nothing works.
I stay logged in for years at a time.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Are you using PC cleaning products such as CCleaner? They tend to remove old cookies, like a month old cookies, which would cause your log out problems.
Windows Disk Cleanup maybe?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Have you considered that your computer might be haunted?
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
author=Sooz
Have you considered that your computer might be haunted?

We need to exclude natural explanations before we go for the supernatural. @Kentona maybe, though I don't think it clears data for browsers other than IE/Edge. Then again, OP may not use the best browser she/he can.
Sooz
author=Rave
We need to exclude natural explanations before we go for the supernatural.

Ghosts are a natural part of life, Brent.
author=kentona

I only log out to talk to Lord Aremen.
author=Liberty
author=kentona
I only log out to talk to Lord Aremen.

that's what other browsers are for
Pages: first 123 next last