[RM2K3] ADVANCED MATH

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Does someone have event code examples for advanced math for 2k3? Mainly trig stuff and stuff like absolute value, etc. I know sin/cos/etc. could be done with a lookup table, but just don't know if anyone tried to do it in 2k3 (really don't want to reinvent the wheel if I can avoid it). Patches are out of the question too as I'm using official release and there are no patches for it yet as far as I know.
Waxius
"Someday I'll finish my game... someday.."
Hi Rave..

I can absolutely tell you that my game "Tunnels of Doom" has a TON of math events in it. Distance formula, damage calculations, among other things. I don't have any plugins, so you should be able to open the game in the editor and look at my common events.

I'm also willing to help you create what you need. I have both the Legit Steam Version of 2k3, and the unofficial one. Just PM me if you have any questions.

In short.. it can absolutely be done. Most likely you'll want your math formulas to be stored in the "common events" area, so you can call on them on any map and not have to copy/paste to every event you have out there.

Hope this helps.

Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I know it can be done, just don't know how. There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skills needed to complete the task, after all. I'll definitely check out your game. Was it made with legit or unofficial 2k3?

@kaine87, thanks, I'll check that out.
Waxius
"Someday I'll finish my game... someday.."
The current version on RMN was made on the unofficial 2k3. But it will open in the legit version as well. My next update (March/April 2018) will be on the legit version, I needed it for better picture handling... as well as the expansion from 5000 to 9999 variables!
Pages: 1