[RMMV] [RMVX ACE] [RMXP] FINDING AN ALTERNATIVE TACTIC BATTLE SCRIPT

Pages: 1
After i found out i was going to start using GTBS v2.4, i discovered that the site that hosted the battle system was taken down a while, and i wasn't able to look for a backed up documentation anymore. I was using the VX Ace version, but i do still have the demo i downloaded off from the site, like a year before it was taken down.

The script was long gone to be obscure and i was nearly running out of faith for starting a tactical battle system game in VX Ace, so in the other hands, i have RPG Maker XP and the RPG Maker MV, in which if there's supposed to be any alternate scripts/plugins for a tactical battle system, i will use that instead.

I just want to make a fire emblem / super robot wars esque game. ://
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hrm. I don't know about how to get version 2.4 of GTBS. However, for what little it's worth, the version I obtained and used was 1.5.1.4. I'm vaguely aware kory_toombs has also made games with GTBS, and may have a different version.

I don't know how viable an alternative of Sim Maker 95 is, to be honest. I know it exists, but, not where, or how, to get it.

*Edit: Regarding the version number, I'm now noticing that the demo project I have is named "GTBS-2.4" while the commentary in the General Settings category read...

#===============================================================================
# This Script is made specfically for usage with GTBS version 1.5.1.4 by GubiD.
#===============================================================================

...like so. Awkward!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
You can download Hired Sword. The game has no encryption.
It has the GTBS script.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/8483/

There is a tactics script for MV
My problem with it is that MV is incredibly laggy with it,
so I didn't really explore what it could do after a few test fights.

author=kory_toombs
You can download Hired Sword. The game has no encryption.
It has the GTBS script.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/8483/

There is a tactics script for MV
My problem with it is that MV is incredibly laggy with it,
so I didn't really explore what it could do after a few test fights.

I do have the GTBS v2.4 demo, but i literally forgot to state this on the OP. But what i am really looking for is if there's been a documentation backed up before the site was down, so that i could begin using it.
SunflowerGames

If you want something that no longer exists on the internet you can try using this:

http://archive.org/web/

author=kory_toombs
If you want something that no longer exists on the internet you can try using this:

http://archive.org/web/

I literally HAVE forgot using the Wayback Machine of all things. It quite helped and i'm surprised it's been archived. However, the documentation in the wiki is sort of messy and confusing. Thought now what i really need now is how do i install GTBS in a new project. What i've found is the VX version of installing GTBS and i'm not sure if the things are the same.
SunflowerGames

Using File Manager

If you just want to copy all the scripts, you just go into the DATA FOLDER, I believe, copy SCRIPTS,and paste it into your new games folder (copy and replace.)
author=kory_toombs
Using File Manager

If you just want to copy all the scripts, you just go into the DATA FOLDER, I believe, copy SCRIPTS,and paste it into your new games folder (copy and replace.)

Eh, for some reason i have already some scripts that have nothing to do with GTBS, and i cannot replace the scripts data file, so i have to copy and paste manually each one :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, when I knew I was going to use GTBS, I took a copy of the demo-project, and altered the game from there. How useful that strategy is for your situation is unknown, but, it might be something to think about?
Pages: 1