[MAFIA] PURGATORY: A MAFIA GAME

Cave vote seems pointless. Reiterating: "We'll have to kill him sooner or later" is not true if he manages to nail scum or something. Better choices:
demonlord: not really "scummy" but definitely scummy enough for d1
aneko: yeah, new, but waay more likely to fall into the "still unreadable at LYLO" scenario than cave, and way less likely to vote appropriately when there
gourd: I have never been able to read gourd, never will be able to read him, and will always be happy to kill him for it (sorry gourd)

@LockeZ: was your vote against cave to 'confirm' him in earnest?

@aneko, @hunibear: post more your thoughts more or it really does make most sense for us to go after you short any other leads because we'll have no way to evaluate if you're town or not

@Muffle: Do you actually think Gourd is scum or are you voting against him because you don't get why he's arguing with you?

@Jeroen: I still think https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23773/?post=850541#post850541 is a scumvote.

I'll try to make it for EOD but probably won't be able to be there for the last hour probably but IN CONCLUSION there are a bunch of better people to kill off than cave.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
(1) Muffle: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Gourd_Clae, LockeZ
(0) psy_wombats: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(0) Cap_H: Muffle
(2) demonlord5000: psy_wombats, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(0) Gourd_Clae: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(0) LockeZ: Muffle
(5) CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: LockeZ, demonlord5000, aneko, Gourd_Clae, Cap_H, Jeroen_Sol
(0) NoLynch: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(1) Gourd_Clae: HuniBear, Muffle

It takes six to lynch. No hammer for this game.
I will probably be late. When the timer hits 0, stop posting. The night phase begins at that point and lasts 24 hours.

Doesn't matter anymore. I think it's bullshit to kill someone for such a petty reason. That's all there is to it. I don't know why I wanted to be a part of this game, especially since everyone is acting like dickheads about all of it. That being the sole reason for voting for ANYONE is an asshole move. If you had other reasons I guess that's fine but I think it's just unfair to vote someone just because of the game rules allowing little to no consequence. Anyways, thanks for that little post, LockeZ. I don't know if you're trying to get me mad or actually think that way about me. It's not a scum move because it's truly how I feel. And you didn't succeed in making me mad, you succeeded in upsetting me. All of you have. This isn't about me playing the game, how I feel about it being unfair. It's about me feeling it's unsportsmanship and unfair to the player. I'm asking piano to remove me because I don't want to play with a bunch of assholes who are going to vote for no good reason and being unfair to people. So just forget it.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i was thinking about muffle's posts when i went to bed and was thinking it was a bunch of
virtue signaling
but now i think, this is actually real

i suggest looking at the setup if you want to find the cause of this. it's not really the players' fault. i've never been lynched as scum when playing here and never not won as town when I've been alive at lylo (REAL FACTS) so, it's understandable that people would want to kill me here.
If the dead ringer thing wasn't in the game I doubt people would be as willing to vote someone randomly just because they'll still be here, and in the end, it's like we don't lose anything. I don't see how you guys don't understand what I'm saying. Yea, it's Mafia, the whole idea is to kill people, but usually, we try to lynch people with reason, not be a dick about it.

It. Is. Unfair. To. The. Player.

I don't give a shit about it "being a part of the game". If you look at your "reason" of lynching someone, anyone, not just Cave, because they'll still be around, they'll be a helpful ghost assuming their town, that's unsportsman and an asshole reason. There's no other way for me to say it.

In the last game, we tried really hard to be able to spot anyone that was weird. Yea, we voted wrong, but we tried to be careful because if we lost town then that was a big consequence. Now there isn't as BIG of a consequence because if we lose a valuable town member they'll still be here. So you guys think that gives a justified reason to lynch someone right off the bat.

Am I being clear? -.-
And yes, I'm being serious about this, but once again it's not the game I'm mad about. It's the players being unsportsman to others because of no consequences. Because we don't have to worry too much if we kill town because they'll be a helpful ghost.
And yes, I'm being serious about this, but once again it's not the game I'm mad about. It's the players being unsportsman to others because of no consequences. Because we don't have to worry too much if we kill town because they'll be a helpful ghost.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Jeroen_Sol
I feel better about demon after his explanation.

what part of it

I mean, it didn't answer the question I asked, which was, "Why is that scummy."

The idea that he would think I'm scum doesn't mean anything, what matters is that he made this call (that me saying 'confirm me as town' is a scum gambit) really early based on a two-sentence post, before i actually voted myself, and is still acting like it's his strongest read without commenting on anything else.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Muffle
If the dead ringer thing wasn't in the game I doubt people would be as willing to vote someone randomly just because they'll still be here, and in the end, it's like we don't lose anything.

it is in the game though

piano has basically given the players the equivalent of a gun when usually mafia is conducted via sword fights. it's not unsportsmanlike to use it.

i don't take being executed personally so, I think you should drop it. can you comment on anything else in the game that doesn't have to do with this. perhaps...demonlord.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Cap_H
and I think that LockeZ is faking it. His style is usually hostile, but this lacks his usual logic. His muffle case is almost like a paragraph of lorem ipsum. This is not his usual way to policy vote someone.

i think you have lockez's meta reversed
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
it is in the game though

piano has basically given the players the equivalent of a gun when usually mafia is conducted via sword fights. it's not unsportsmanlike to use it.

i don't take being executed personally so, I think you should drop it. can you comment on anything else in the game that doesn't have to do with this. perhaps...demonlord.

I guess, but I still think it's BS.

Anyways, I don't see anything too weird from demonlord. After all Cave umm, well I've seen some of your antics so uh, I can understand why he'd see it as a good reason to lynch you... it doesn't seem totally unreasonable.

As for Gourd, he was rubbing me off wrong not just because he was disagreeing with me. But I read back and I do think it was just a huge misunderstanding, and my intuition could be off. So #Cancel

I'm currently in between Lockez and Cave. LockeZ because I've never seen him so aggressive. Cave because demonlord does have a point... with Cave being unpredictable.

If there's a certain part of demonlord you want me to comment on then I will. XD Otherwise I just skimmed everything.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
um... did you not just spend about 10 posts or something saying that lynching me for that reason is rude and awful.

that's not even why demonlord is voting me. i don't think you're reading the thread.
lynching to ghost you is rude and awful.

demonlord is voting you because you offered yourself to be lynched.

that's different.

though there was a problem last time with myself.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
The idea that he would think I'm scum doesn't mean anything, what matters is that he made this call (that me saying 'confirm me as town' is a scum gambit) really early based on a two-sentence post, before i actually voted myself, and is still acting like it's his strongest read without commenting on anything else.

maybe when i'm confirmed town, people will read my posts
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Jeroen_Sol
what part of it

The part where he explains he was worried that lynching you would leave us without information for new discussion on day 2. If you're town, then it's true scum can easily hide by saying "I wanted to confirm him". That worry felt genuine to me.
I did read it? v.v You offered to die to prove you were town before you even actually tried to lynch yourself. However, you did admit it was a joke and knowing you that wouldn't surprise me (you joking). People seemed to have taken you too seriously. I mean, everyone was joking and having fun and then when you said that it got a little, um. Well, serious voting towards Cave.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=psy_wombats
@LockeZ: was your vote against cave to 'confirm' him in earnest?

Yeah. I also disagree with whoever said that it will just result in not having anything to analyze tomorrow. We're already analyzing it now. I think people's reasoning and arguments about Cavedog make for a more useful/interesting analysis than a list of who voted for whom, honestly.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oh also, I'm here again for a short while. Will probably miss EOD though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Jeroen_Sol
what part of it

I mean, it didn't answer the question I asked, which was, "Why is that scummy."

Huh. I'm not sure I actually realized this until just now.

I guess that's a good enough reason for day one. It's a better theory than "Muffle could be faking noobness to try to cause a nolynch" anyway. Which I still think is at least plausible. But after being called out on it being stupid by multiple people and even being accused of being scum for it she's still doubling down instead of backing off, so she's probably just an idiot.

Unfortunately there are only two hours left and I don't want a nolynch so I'm gonna vote for the person with 5 votes instead of the person with 2 votes. It's more important to kill someone than it is to kill the right person.

#cancel
#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK