REVIEWS DONT MATTER

Pages: first prev 12 last
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I mean I kind of care about Steam reviews, in that I check them to see how terrible a game might be. Granted, that involves skimming the review text, so I'd pretty easily disregard this one.
Yeah, when buying games I don't really read the shitty reviews.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sooz
I mean I kind of care about Steam reviews, in that I check them to see how terrible a game might be. Granted, that involves skimming the review text, so I'd pretty easily disregard this one.

Yeah, I look at the reviews, and it's always really easy to tell who the idiots are. Mad Max: "They put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car." Or the aforementioned: "I was going to try it, but then I saw it was an RPG Maker game. Do not recommend."

Petty bs is pretty easy to ignore.
Luckily steam has a nifty feature that essentially allows you to review a review. The more helpful reviews will get higher ratings, and get pushed to the top, where less helpful ones will sink to the bottom. At least, that's how it usually goes.
AkarithePeanut
A lazy teenager's spirit in a mid 20 adult's body
Wow that was some bad luck you got. I agree with many of the previous comments and also add that reviews (I believe) should also aim to the developers; point pros and cons, give suggestions etc so as to be constructive. For them.

Games should also be reviewed for people that know and enjoy that genre or platforms. It bothers me when a game gets bad vibes for no reason like it happened to you =(
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
It always sucks to get a reviewer who reviews things they know they hate. It doesn't make sense and should definitely be ignored.

I don't like peanut butter but it's not like I eat half a jar and then start talking crap about how it tastes.
I agree with you. I don't review games I hate. If the game is such that I can't write some positive elements about it, I simply conclude that the game is not made for me.
StevieRayBones
I refuse to grind with monsters I've just met for money.
That's really illogical. If the game engine disqualifies the game why would he play it? If he didn't play it then how can he review it?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=StevieRayBones
If the game engine disqualifies the game why would he play it?

Are you familiar with the term "hateboner" at all?
StevieRayBones
I refuse to grind with monsters I've just met for money.
Yeah this reviewer is clearly thinking with their hate-boner
Pages: first prev 12 last