MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

Before the moderator change, I was able to pm people back and forth directly as many times as I wanted each night. The catch was I had to pick which dead person I wanted to be able to talk to each night and ONLY that person for that night.

The first night I picked Lockez (because he was the only dead person) and I was able to pm him all night.

Once the moderator shift, I had to PM LockeZ a message which would be sent to a dead person of my choice. They would then be able to send one message back to me via LockeZ. At that point we weren't allowed to communicate anymore.

I can also contact living people when I'm dead, but obviously, I haven't gotten a chance to try it out.
I didn't think a Jeroen/Cave scum team was possible because Jeroen started today pointing a finger at Cave and I feel like it'd be very strong, unnecessary bussing.

Cave also voted for Jeroen day 1, which seemed like it would bring a lot of unnecessary attention to Jeroen.

It is possible that they are just doing this to throw me off, which it has, but I don't... think so?
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
scum medium would be a hilarious role but not one I see this particular moderator giving out. i'm more inclined to believe that he just grabbed 'medium' off the piano list and is something else entirely. especially since I have to eat crow about the two people receiving messages that they were visited.

There was a good chance someone else had the medium role and would counterclaim me. Even if I could get town to lynch the counterclaimer, when they flipped medium, I would definitely die. I would've been better off inventing something than doing this.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oh, so it only works at night. I thought it was suspicious you hadn't told us piano's results of last night by now, but that explains why.

Still, that sudden change in rules after the moderator switch makes little sense to me. Though that does make it more likely it isn't a fakeclaim I guess, since there wouldn't be any reason to even mention it if it were.

Honestly, I don't see any way you can be town. Medium maybe, but scum medium then. Psy is town, and I don't think an Aneko/Cave team would shoot Cap, the easiest person to lynch and also person who incriminates Cave most upon flipping. That means the scumteam either has to be you and Cave, or you and Aneko.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Actually wait, you can't be scum medium because of the visitation messages.
Jeroen_Sol
Then it must be a fakeclaim. That still seems more likely to me than an Aneko/Cave team shooting Cap.
Jeroen_Sol
Would like to hear a bit more from both Cave and Aneko before committing to a vote though. Expecially Aneko, who has been extremely quiet.
im never sure what to say and I've felt like shit all day and all last night. i still have my eye on cave, like I said he doesn't read right to me but i also cant form a solid case to go off of

i just tried this again to see if I could actually do it im not good with mafia games i don't think I'll do another one
Jeroen_Sol
We're looking for a scumteam of two people. Who do you think is his partner?
@Cave: is Jeroen or Gourd more suspicious to you?

For what it's worth, I guess I buy Gourd's medium claim but not necessarily his alignment. Jeroen's claim seems a little more questionable but it was the first mention of nights having "moons" and it fits the Town of Salem theme.

It occurs to me that this isn't actually LYLO if it's not a full moon, so we could wait for Jeroen's power to activate tomorrow, but I'm wary about doing this when scum have unknown night powers and Jeroen might be scum. What this also means though is if we don't hit scum today, Aneko can still hit scum tonight and salvage things.

I would think Aneko was scum with an additional x-shot killing role if Cap wasn't targeted. Scum is kind of handicapped with all the investigative roles and having half the number of nightkills. Possibly Cap was killed because as a veteran, they believed they wouldn't be able to kill him later in the game. Really not sure.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=aneko
im never sure what to say and I've felt like shit all day and all last night. i still have my eye on cave, like I said he doesn't read right to me but i also cant form a solid case to go off of

i just tried this again to see if I could actually do it im not good with mafia games i don't think I'll do another one

you're doing fine. shooting incorrectly isn't a big deal and there have far worse sins committed by alleged 'veterans'

author=psy_wombats
@Cave: is Jeroen or Gourd more suspicious to you?

there's not a wealth of material but i consider jeroen the more scum of the two based just on behavior, but they're both basically confirmed to me. Besides Aneko's explanation, I have another reason for thinking she's town but I'm very wary to say what it is, or why I'm wary to say what it is, until the game is over. If pushed, or if it looks like aneko is going to be the lynch, I will reveal what it is, but I am absolutely not going to vote her today.

this game gives me a guilty feeling because of the reasons for my two townreads.

I don't think I like the supension of disbelief on the role v aligment thing. If we look at who's left, I can see how cave and aneko would be useful as scum roles, but medium would be a super useless scum role.

Plus, the odd one out in terms of role last time (JJ) was not town. I feel like it's likely cave is also not town because he is a second veteran. Like, I believe he is the second veteran I just don't believe he is the only perfect duplicate in the entire game. Having 1 scum veteran and 1 town veteran would give the roles a sense of symmetry and seems believable to me.

Alternatively, I feel like Jeroen's power would be easy to fake as scum since you already know everyone who is town. It'd be easy to "work" with town also, since you just have to make a "1 of these people is town!" list that actually has one townie, and the "1 of these people is scum!" list could be weaponized. It'd also make sense bc scum would know about the moons. I guess there is a problem when you get to the end of a list and there's a lie though... for what it's worth I don't think we're looking for Jeroen.

author=psy_wombats
It occurs to me that this isn't actually LYLO if it's not a full moon, so we could wait for Jeroen's power to activate tomorrow, but I'm wary about doing this when scum have unknown night powers and Jeroen might be scum. What this also means though is if we don't hit scum today, Aneko can still hit scum tonight and salvage things.

this makes me feel a lot better tbh!
author=Jeroen_Sol
Actually wait, you can't be scum medium because of the visitation messages.

Er, can you explain this? I don't want you to conclude I am a scum medium but I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
again, if i am scum veteran, why do i claim that role, making sure that no townies will ever visit me.
There are currently no votes.

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
Aneko and Demonlord both received visitation messages, strongly implying they were visited by scum because no townies claimed to have visited them. Aneko's visitation was mod-confirmed. That implies that whatever scum's real role is, it generates visit messages. Two visits would imply both scum have visitation powers but maybe it's something weird that visits two people so can't say that with 100% confidence.
I'm tempted to say screw it, we have 2 basically confirmed town, 3 suspicious, and 2 town-directed kills before scum gets to kill anybody. We kill one of <Cave, Jeroen, Gourd> today, Aneko shoots the next one during the night, and if the job's not done we daykill whoever's left in the morning.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
again, if i am scum veteran, why do i claim that role, making sure that no townies will ever visit me.

It would be a believable claim, and would earn you town cred + supply you a reason for why you didn't want to massclaim orginally that isn't your alignment.

@psy I mean, that sounds okay? The only way that could go wrong is if you and aneko were mafia but that seems like an odd team? Maybe it's better to let psy take the wheel idk
psy, what was your role again? Sorry if you've said it alot
uh.... roleblocker? really Gourd?

Also if you don't like modconfirming my alignment, then consider it confirmed via Jeroen's thing (although I guess it's like 2/3 he's scum)
Alright with 12 hours left I think that's the best thing to do: take the the LockeZ approach and kill people at random until the crime stops.

@Aneko, I'm going to basically bet the game on your being town vig as you say. Put a vote down on and I'll follow. Then if you nk one of that same set tonight I think this can be wrapped up. Don't nk cave though in case he's scum-vet.

my personal opinion at this point is that gourd's alignment is questionable but his role I'm very confident about, so even though he seems weird he's probably town. plus it's traditional to kill gourd at lylo so I'd prefer daykill cave shoot jero