MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=psy_wombats
Two visits would imply both scum have visitation powers but maybe it's something weird that visits two people so can't say that with 100% confidence.

Town of Salem has a few roles like that. The witch and transporter, for instance.

I'd rather daykill Gourd since out of the three possible scumteams (Gourd/Cave, Gourd/Aneko and Cave/aneko), Cave/Aneko is the only one that makes no sense to me due to Cap dying.

I think it's probably Gourd/Cave, and your plan will work, but just in case Aneko is 1-shot scum vig or something, I'd rather lynch Gourd and then shoot me. I agree we shouldn't shoot Cave in case he's a scum veteran.
#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

Making some assumptions from the ToS wiki here: Witch is a role that picks up the role of a target it visits so I'm just going to assume that's how Cave or his scumpartner got their hands on the role name, claiming it with the intention of mislynching cap at endgame. I had also forgotten that redirecter roles could exist that potentially ruin stuff making it more important to hit likely scum now.

@Jeroen: If Aneko is still possible scum to you then there are bigger problems. I would think you basically have the game on lock right now if you're town.

@Aneko: And in case in needed saying, don't call who you're shooting beforehand. If you're x-shot or something please say so but I think it might be late anyway.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
No, that doesn't work. If demon and aneko were targeted by a witch, Cave couldn't have found out Cap's role that way.

author=psy_wombats
I had also forgotten that redirecter roles could exist that potentially ruin stuff making it more important to hit likely scum now.

I'm like 90% convinced scumteam is Gourd/Cave, but Gourd/Aneko still seems like a possibility to me, while Cave/Aneko does not. So I will kill Cave with you at EOD, but I'd rather kill Gourd instead, because if Aneko is scum, mislynching today results in a loss. I don't think it's likely, but I'd like to minimalize risk.
#cancel thinking, will post in a sec

Why is Gourd/Aneko more likely than Cave/Aneko?

Oh, right, so I don't mean the visitation messages necessarily belonged to the witch, maybe one of the two did, but I mean that such a role can exist makes the claim from cave say less about how he got the name.

What do you think of this post from Gourd? https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23820/?post=853279#post853279 I can't tell if there's an ulterior motive for making this, I mean there has to be right

Anyway I cancelled because I'm trying to figure out if redirection roles would unconfirm Aneko (ie cap was killed by something redirecting onto him)
Jeroen_Sol
Assuming that Aneko is the one who shot Cap, then Aneko/Cave makes no sense to me because Cap would have been the easiest mislynch target today. I would have been killed, and Cap would have been mislynched by now.

Aneko/Gourd would still be possible since Cap flipping Veteran doesn't incriminate Gourd in any way. In fact, it incriminates Cave, so that would be a great move for Aneko/Gourd.

I'm not sure what to make of that post by Gourd. Maybe he's trying to appear clueless, but that way of going about it would draw a lot of attention. Or more likely he legitimately has so little time on his hands that he can't even read back like two pages. But if so, he is not invested in solving the game to recall your role.

One way I could see Cap being killed by a redirection role is if he was redirected into himself and triggered his own power that way. Or if he was redirected into Veteran Cave. I guess Aneko could have done something like that, but then I still think Aneko/Gourd makes more sense than Aneko/Cave.
I don't think there's a way for Aneko/Cave to work with Cap dying even with a redirection role, assuming that redirection role is scum. It only works if the redirection role is town, because then scum-vig Aneko could be redirected into Cap.
Yeah, hm, regardless of how they'd do it Aneko/Cave would not target Cap over anyone else, true enough. I don't think Gourd/Aneko targets Cap either though... they'd kill you as an investigator, me as confirmed town, and if they were trying to incriminate Cave, they'd have said something today rather than Gourd pushing you/me as the scumteam and Aneko very vaguely FOSing Cave.

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

I think if a redirection role killed cap then it made him walk into scum-veteran-Cave. If Cave's not it then good chance scum gets shot tonight anyway. And killing cave in the day makes it ambiguous who's going to get shot at night, which I think is important.
I think I was having a brain fart when I asked your role tbh. I was trying to remember if it was something that could be possibly mafia but you are confirmed in like a bajillion others ways so I don't know that it matters. I'd rather lynch cave today so he can't hurt aneko.

Is it okay to vote now or should I wait?
Not that I know what I'd be waiting for, but psy already seemed to change his mind once!
Jeroen_Sol
author=psy_wombats
And killing cave in the day makes it ambiguous who's going to get shot at night, which I think is important.

Hmm, that's true, assuming Aneko is town. But the only reason I want to kill Gourd over Cave is the possibility she might not be.

But I'm still happy to bet on a 90% instead of a 100% if you don't want to kill Gourd right now.
Jeroen_Sol
Gourd seems overly eager to quickvote Cave.
Wouldn't quickvote be Gourd and his scumpartner both dropping their votes right about now? does make it look like jero+gourd is not scumteam luckily

If Aneko is scum with someone other than Cave, I think the game is already lost -- Cave has some 100% reason why Aneko is town and I assume he's not willing to vote for her. If she's scum with a killing role then welllp yeah it's super lost. But I really do think she's town.

What I am much more worried about is scum screwing up who she shoots tonight, especially if Cave is town. If Cave is still alive tonight, it'll be obvious who she's targeting... the other guy. And so if scum has some hidden defender/transporter/etc, it'll 100% fail. There's still probably a decent chance of failure.

#cancel - consider my vote still on Cave, you can cast yours now Gourd and I'll hammer as I'll be around for day end. That way Cave can definitely make it back if he wanted to post his Aneko read or whatever else. I can't see this day ending in anything but him dead though.
Jeroen_Sol
I'll also be around for day end. But cancelling for now seems like the right move in case it's Aneko/Gourd, she gets online and she and Gourd quickhammer Cave.
bonus theory before I sleep for real this time: the werewolves don't share a chat, and on off nights they do the uminekogame gunner thing
Jeroen_Sol
I would say you shouldn't sleep only 6 hours and you're ruining your health, but then I'd be a hypocrite.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK (0): psy_wombats

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
author=Jeroen_Sol
Gourd seems overly eager to quickvote Cave.

I, uh, literally did not vote + there's only 3 hours left but ok.

I'm actually going to vote later before I leave for my class bc there'd still be time for scum to swoop in if my vote was on. Hopefully cave can get a word in!

Jeroen_Sol
I'll give you that, but it was a couple of hours ago and it felt like you wanted to do it quickly before Cave and/or Aneko were here.
Okay, gotta go.

#Lynch Cave
Yeah close enough #lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, whoever hammer

@Aneko, if you're town-vig: please shoot Gourd or Jeroen and don't hold fire