MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

Scum wasn't as helpless as you think, I will agree I did a bad job giving you reliable powers though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I should have role claimed! It would have actually saved me since scum couldn't kill me on the first night anyway. Instead I saw people start to vote for me and was like "Well that's fine, I guess someone has to die on day one after all. I'mma take a nap for a few hours."
author=LockeZ
I should have role claimed! It would have actually saved me since scum couldn't kill me on the first night anyway. Instead I saw people start to vote for me and was like "Well that's fine, I guess someone has to die on day one after all. I'mma take a nap for a few hours."

That nap was your final mistake xD
I don't think any game with 2 scum, 7 town could be considered town-balanced, even without considering all the ways town could die external to the nk. Would more say "extremely swingy."

e: in retrospect I should've figured out of course scum would know where the roles came from -- they had a chance to see 4 of them when town had only seen 2 before the massclaim
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Swingy sounds about right. Town had a lot of ways to die, but so did scum. It sure felt helpless sitting there like ducks N1 and then having our only good PR rendered useless by the massclaim D2 though.

Of course, we didn't know the traitor would have been able to kill for us N3 onwards nor did we know the traitor was a vengeful at that point. We only knew a traitor existed. Which I had completely forgotten about because I'm an idiot.

Now, I have some more Python code to write to finish the simulator of my next game.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Plus, with scum having two night kills, there was no way this was town balanced. Town had to lynch successfully on day one in order to win. We mislynched two days in a row.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Scum didn't have two nightkills. Scum had one nightkill from N2 onwards. Which isn't as bad as we thought it was, I guess. We thought we only had one nightkill each two nights.

Town also had two killing roles, one of which also a roleblocker, a veteran and a doctor that kills attackers. They ended up not aiding town in any way, but that could have easily been very problematic for us.
I also wouldn't call killing JJJ a "mislynch" haha, Traitor was definitely /not/ a neutral role, even if he could win with town, theoretically.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Jeroen_Sol
The game was pretty heavily balanced towards town, and I thought we were going to lose for sure when Psy came up with the massclaim plan, but in the end we got lucky because:

1 - Jailor got lynched D1
2 - We figured out the origin of the roles early/
3 - Our traitor took down the doctor with him.
4 - Vigilante shot town
5 - Vigilante showed up 3 minutes late at the final day which was the most stressful moment in any mafia game ever oh my freaking god.

Any of these things not happening would have probably resulted in a town win.

It wasn't townsided. There were 3 anti-town roles in a 9-er. There were several scenarios in which wolves could win on d2. Town had some strong roles but most of them could harm it too. Many of these make small game like this swingy af.
pianotm
Not to mention, Scum knows who they are. They're not going to hit each other by accident.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Town had four kill opportunities. They hit themselves with two of those kills and nolynched for a third one. So, I mean, in a game of ten players, that suggests to me that they definitely deserved to lose, regardless of how the game COULD have gone with how the numbers were balanced.
Jeroen_Sol
Werewolves had one collective kill each two nights and didn't know who traitor was. Traitor had one kill each two nights from N3 onwards and didn't know who the werewolves were.

All the town killing roles definitely made the game swingy, though.
As for moderation advice: read the thread Blob made after his first game: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/21167/. The basic gist holds -- get setups reviewed/tested, and keep your mouth shut in thread haha.

e: If I were balancing this, I'd treat scum as having the standard number of kills. They traded off with the traitor each night, but it's not hard to not accidentally kill scum players because you can just kill known town players. The traitor's vengefulness makes up for the lack of a N1 kill. Basically, if JJJ had lived to N3, it would always be game over because the next day he could just get himself killed and win for scum.

Town only had two "killing" roles, both of which were more just random swing roles because they also killed their user if they were misused. Cap's was pretty much straight anti-town. Demon's was legit OP.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, don't modconfirm players or visitation messages please. >.< That'll lead to scum fakeclaiming an investigative role that further confirms said confirmed player, leading to very few options remaining on the final day, haha.
pianotm
LockeZ
Town had four kill opportunities. They hit themselves with two of those kills and nolynched for a third one. So, I mean, in a game of ten players, that suggests to me that they definitely deserved to lose, regardless of how the game COULD have gone with how the numbers were balanced.

Three town died in a single night. Your position is unsupportable.
LockeZ
That has nothing to do with what I said. You're talking about how the game's power roles were balanced. What I said was: Based on the decisions you made of who to kill, you deserved to die regardless of how the game's power roles were balanced.
I actually think town did fine. The two biggest mistakes were 1) d3 nokill 2) killing unclaimed LockeZ.

The people town chose to kill: D1 - napping LockeZ (it's d1, sorry), D2 - a scum role that happens to punish town for killing it, D3 - actual scum, but, out of time. If you want to count the vig shot in there, I don't call that a mistake either.
Well, that was an interesting finale, flavor text was great, especially the part where i shot demonlord in the face.
I could have played better but i just suck at not being suspicious.

Is true that the game had it's issues but at least it was pretty entertaining.
LockeZ
Quite frankly, if both sides think the deck was stacked against them, then clearly the game was balanced fine.
Scum thought the deck was stacked because they didn't realize they had their full set of nightkills, don't make me write a simulation like I did after Blob's game, haha

e: the modconfirms prevented it from devolving I think, imagining if I was claiming to be the roleblocker on d3... and I would never have bought aneko's vig claim after her fakeclaim on d2

maybe town-weighted/scum-weighted isn't the correct term when I can think of multiple plausible ways it all comes crashing down on N2