[POLL] SO WHO WANTS ONE MORE MCBACON JAM?

Poll

McBacon Jam 5? - Results

Yes!
57%
Nah.
23%
Retire McBacon Jam and go straight to something fresh,
18%

Pages: first 123 next last
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Gauging interest in McBacon Jam 5 and whether or not anyone wants it.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
McBacon Marmalade?
McBacon is a Good even if it doesn't churn out a game! I've been able to produce a game/demo sometimes and sometimes I haven't but the fun factor has pretty much been constant!

I, uh, think I'm losing track of all the people I've worked with though. XD
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Gourd_Clae
McBacon is a Good even if it doesn't churn out a game! I've been able to produce a game/demo sometimes and sometimes I haven't but the fun factor has pretty much been constant!

I, uh, think I'm losing track of all the people I've worked with though. XD

Prior events track this thankfully, so you can check those, or PM me and I can give you a list from prior events.
As much as I wish I could say I'd participate, a string of bad event experiences on this site kind of make me realize I'd sit it out. I'd think excitement/interest in general would be down aside from the core users, and one of the strengths of the originals was that lots of lesser-known or usually-busy people rolled in because of a unique theme, which is no longer unique at #5.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=psy_wombats
As much as I wish I could say I'd participate, a string of bad event experiences on this site kind of make me realize I'd sit it out. I'd think excitement/interest in general would be down aside from the core users, and one of the strengths of the originals was that lots of lesser-known or usually-busy people rolled in because of a unique theme, which is no longer unique at #5.

I wasn't planning on participating myself, and if there's a lack of interest, I'm not gonna be mad at all. I'm only only bringing it up in case there is an interest. If it ain't there, that's perfectly okay too.
author=psy_wombats
sorry :(
We do need another event to spicy things up though...
I wouldn't retire McBacon Jam, but lowering the frequency might not be a bad idea. Maybe once every two years would be just right for spunky newbies and jaded oldbies alike.

The last one was around this time last year, so...
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
The problem with every McBacon Jam has always been the same: you keep holding them at a time when everyone's too busy to participate. I'd wait til late June, early July. No school.
I wouldn't... for a reason I can't talk about right now.
author=pianotm
The problem with every McBacon Jam has always been the same: you keep holding them at a time when everyone's too busy to participate. I'd wait til late June, early July. No school.

This would also be wise. I barely have time to breath let alone make a game!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Yes, but not sooner than in the second half of may. There are many people I would like to jam with and this is always a good opportunity.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

With all the failed events, not a chance.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I agree, I do like McBacon but it's really hard unless I have lots of free time (e.g. Summer, like many have suggested, so July-August ish)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I do. I haven't had a successful event participation since 2015. two thousand fifteen....
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I also agree that even if people don’t end up making games, McBacon jam is still a really nice way to make some new friends or get the chance to work together with others. Plus I’ve been wanting to join a mcbacon jam offering pixel art for once too.

Edit: and yes please summer
I'm kinda tempted to join in myself
author=kory_toombs
With all the failed events, not a chance.

like, all 2 or 3 out of the 8 pages of events we've had?
Pages: first 123 next last