[POLL] SO WHO WANTS ONE MORE MCBACON JAM?

Poll

McBacon Jam 5? - Results

Yes!
57%
Nah.
23%
Retire McBacon Jam and go straight to something fresh,
18%

Pages: first prev 123 last
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Alright, I'm gonna make this (hopefully) a little easier. I put out that plan to try and accomodate people, BUT, if you reading this feel its not quite right with you (be it yourself and knowing you'd fall short given that time, or a distrust of others, or whatever reason) let me know HERE.

Here's roughly what were looking at:

1. 2 Weeks
2. 1 Month
3. 2 months
4. 3 months( Note, I won't go along with this anymore unless I get A LOT of people messaging me, like 30+ legit users that wanna take part)

Also, with this, I will have to adjust some dates.Speak up!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
1 month should be plenty. However, I noticed that last time, you stretched to 2 months. A benefit that two months would give is that with more time, if someone's busy, there's a better chance that they'll still have time to participate. Every team I've been on has been a good experience with only some minor hiccoughs, so I don't agree with reducing the team size from four. I really suggest leaving that decision up to the individual teams.
unity
You're magical to me.
One month, or a month and a half, personally.

author=pianotm
Every team I've been on has been a good experience with only some minor hiccoughs, so I don't agree with reducing the team size from four. I really suggest leaving that decision up to the individual teams.

I haven't had a McBacon Jam where there weren't some serious problems. If I join, I'd prefer to be on a team of two. I hope that would stop a lot of the common problems, like people being unable to agree on things or scope running rampant. Otherwise, I've seen things spiral hopelessly out of control and people bail on things.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yup, one/1.5 month/s sounds great! :D
1.5-2 months is pretty good. Gives a nice buffer for when life interferes.
One month or one and a half sounds good. So how does this work exactly? How do we get our teams? I only have VX Ace so that limits to what I can use.
Yeah, a month/ month + 1/2 sounds good to me!

Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Muffle
One month or one and a half sounds good. So how does this work exactly? How do we get our teams? I only have VX Ace so that limits to what I can use.

The idea is that you team up with people that you've never teamed up with on making a game before, though by rules, its mainly tracked with prior Mcbacon Jams though, so as long as you're making something with people you haven't teamed up with in prior events ( and the rules are so lax it only goes by exact team formation, so you cant have an exact team twice but you can teamup with people youve teamed up with in prior events before to a point).
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think 2 weeks with a possible extension are the best. If you start with 1 month or more there will be nothing to prevent people from coming up with an absolutely massive scope for their game. Also, with a longer period, it's more likely that some teams will fall apart as some participants will succumb to rl issues.

On the other hand longer time frame leaves more space for another shorter and more intesive jam. So, I'm 1 month might be ideal in that regard. Checkpoints were a good idea in previous jams, I would return with that.
Also, it would be a good idea to write an article about scope before the event (I could do that! I watched a whole lot of GDC videos. I'll just need someone to proofread it).

Anyway, I would like to focus on keeping plans of my team realistic this time, acting almost like a producer.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
2 months please.

1 month for the mcbacon jam team effort formality, and 1 month for whoever's left who had enough enthusiasm for the project to try and finish it by scraping together what little resources could be made in the initial 1st month.

This is an honest request.

I've been also thinking that this time around I would like to be team lead. Principally for the reason above. I need someone who I know will get it done in the end no matter who bails and well, who better than me. I think I can do it. Tho really it will all depend on when the jam is hosted. I might be forced to be support again out of necessity.
Zeigfried_McBacon
McBacon Jam 5 is being canceled in favor of something else due to new details and info. Stay tuned for something... fresh.
Pages: first prev 123 last