SUMMER MOVIE WAGER

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I mainly just buy Lego City sets these days and there is a lot you can do with them creatively with the creator packs! But yes, I want more space legos and not so much licensed shit.
author=kentona
There's also Blacktron, M:Tron and Space Police

Don't forget about Spyrius, Insectiods, UFO, and the og classic space. I wasn't really alive for any of those when they came out, unfortunately, but I had mars mission, space police 3, and galaxy squad, which are still pretty great.
Im old so I have a bunch of OG space mtron blacktron future generation and space police 2
I have a bunch of the figures that I bought from various places on the internet, because I think they look cool, but none of the sets.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Insectiods was awesome!
I really liked Solo but it is not doing great.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=starwarsdisney.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

If those opening weekend numbers hold out that's less than 60% of what Rogue One made and that is... just terrible.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I should have stuck to my guns and left it off my list.
It's still going to make the list, there's little doubt of that. But it might not even crack the top 5, depending on how well stuff like the new Mission Impossible do.
pianotm
It is Sunday, and now the four day weekend projections for Solo was reduced to 83.3 million dollars just a little while ago. They were going to be miserable if they only made 100 million and now they're not even going to crack that.
83m is the three-day weekend. It might still get to 100 over the four-day thing. But that's still not much. But considering an 80m opening weekend the final tally is usually around 2.5 the opening weekend. So it's probably going to end up at around 200m when the summer is over. Which in the last couple of years would have put it, at worst, at number 7.

But nowhere near my #2 wager ;_;
"Was it too soon to release another Star Wars movie five months after the last installment and was the competition just too stiff from the likes of Deadpool 2 and Disney's own Avengers: Infinity War?"

Yes, and yes.

Even so, I thought it'd do better.
Nah, I think the issue was that Solo had a male lead. I don't think Disney's Star Wars as a franchise was ready for that yet.
pianotm
kentona
"Was it too soon to release another Star Wars movie five months after the last installment and was the competition just too stiff from the likes of Deadpool 2 and Disney's own Avengers: Infinity War?"

Yes, and yes.

Even so, I thought it'd do better.

Maybe the fact that Lucasfilm and its associates are calling all of The Last Jedi's critics misogynists (Kathleen Kennedy), man-babies (Rian Johnson), fat white people in their parents' basements (Rian Johnson again, and John Kasdan), nut suckers (John Campea from Collider), and Russian bots (Pablo Hidalgo). Wait? Even the people with legitimate criticisms? Oh, I'm sorry. There are no legitimate criticisms of The Last Jedi. It's a perfect movie that's beyond criticism. I actually don't know. I won't watch it because I'm afraid I might be a misogynist, racist, nut sucker. I won't watch Solo for the same reason and it's a shame because I hear it's a good movie.

Edit: by the way, Deadpool had 66% three-day drop and 56% four-day drop. Infinity War didn't really change its performance because it's already been out for a while and has already made its money. The people who would see Infinity War already have. As for movie fatigue, Black Panther and Infinity War were released two months apart. Why isn't Marvel going through fatigue after a decade?
I really don't know what you are referring to with all of those comments. And I suspect that the average movie go-er like me don't either. As for The Last Jedi, it was phenomenal - one of my all-time fave Star Wars movies. But I do know that I have a hard time convincing my wife to go see a Star Wars movie, partially because the fanbase is so toxic that she is repulsed. It's easier for me to convince her to watch a DC movie, if you can imagine!

I might take my oldest boy - he seems keen on Solo. I haven't gone yet. I want to watch it... eventually. Solo didn't have me as excited as past Star Wars movies. Solo's story wasn't one I was really interested in all that much. (I want a KOTOR movie).

I haven't seen Deadpool 2 yet, and I want to. But that's not one I could bring the boys to, thus need to arrange babysitting. Plus I shelled out monies for Infinity War. I am likely not going to shell out more monies only 1 week later, and definitely not 3 weeks in a row to see Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Solo.

See, Marvel is trying to do something different with each movie (moreso now than before, too). A black-cast superhero movie? (with due respect to Blade). A massive ensemble superhero movie that is the culmination of 10 years worth of superher movies? Not to mention the other recent fun comedy-superhero movie with Thor. And each one is its own thread in a woven tale, with its own story and characters. If we had a Thor movie in December followed by another Thor movie in May, then fatigue would definitely play a role. Star Wars fatigue was a real risk here. My interest in Solo was piqued when Lord & Miller were directing it - I thought that would lead to something cool. (and maybe it did?? I haven't seen it yet).

So, yeah, I am going to say it was Star Wars fatigue + competition from Infinity War/Deadpool 2, and not because some hardcore nerds got called manbabies months ago, is what lead to Solo doing (relatively) poorly.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Tbh, my opinion is that The Last Jedi was the best star wars film, but also a tombstone for the franchise. I think it was a secret sabotage by true fans, which disliked that Disney's turning their beloved universe in an empty product.

I want to see Solo, because it might be a true fan-service. I have no interest in fart jokes and Deadpool.

author=kentona
So, yeah, I am going to say it was Star Wars fatigue + competition from Infinity War/Deadpool 2, and not because some hardcore nerds got called manbabies months ago, is what lead to Solo doing (relatively) poorly.

Yeah, this. Plus, It's really a film for SW fans in its theme. A normal popcorn viewer is more likely to buy a ticket for Deadpool.
I think they decided to experiment with the release date of Solo because traditionally Star Wars movie have always come out in May. (before Disney) It might even have been an experiment to see how viable it would be to turn up the production of movies to two a year instead of one. If Solo had made (what I predicted) 80-100% of what Rogue One did I would guess that we'd get an announcement about two movies a year after episode 9.

With Solo I realized how much more of a Star Wars fanboy I am than Marvel. I will probably still see most Marvel films. But I would be happy if there was only one Marvel film per year and three Star Wars films :D
pianotm
Ready for this one?

Solo: A Star Wars Story is tracking at between 400 and 450 million dollars for its final gross by the time it leaves theaters.

It's just fatigue.
That's global right? Because for Summer Movie Wager purposes it looks more like around 200m.

EDIT: Maybe 200-250 if we're lucky.
I've got a good feeling about this
I don't. I've written off the possibility of a dark horse victory.
Now my hope is to wind up DEAD LAST.