TWITTER STORED PASSWORDS IN PLAINTEXT, TIME TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pages: 1
Reuters: Twitter urges all users to change passwords after glitch

Twitter Inc urged its more than 330 million users to change their passwords after a glitch caused some to be stored in readable text on its internal computer system rather than disguised by a process known as “hashing”.

The social network disclosed the issue in a blog post and series of Tweets on Thursday afternoon, saying it had resolved the problem and an internal investigation had found no indication passwords were stolen or misused by insiders. Still, it urged all users to consider changing their passwords.

“We fixed the bug and have no indication of a breach or misuse by anyone,” Chief Executive Jack Dorsey said in a Tweet. “As a precaution, consider changing your password on all services where you’ve used this password.”

The blog did not say how many passwords were affected. A person familiar with the company’s response said the number was “substantial” and that they were exposed for “several months.”

No report of a security breach but still recommended just in case.

lol "glitch"
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, I saw this, too! I hadn't changed my password in a while, so it was about time anyway ^_^
The Russians did it.
Or to be specific, Putin did it.
Himself.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I was lucky enough to delete my account some 30 days ago. No need to change my password, then.
...but that would put my Twitter password out of sync with all of my other passwords like gmail, youtube, hotmail, discord, facebook, myspace, instagram, GOG, steam, my bank, yahoo, SWTOR, battle.net, RMN, ....
author=Dyhalto
The Russians did it.
Or to be specific, Putin did it.
Himself.

Or maybe just Twitter sucks.

Nah!!! That can't be it.
Pages: 1