CHRONICLING AIDYN 3-25: SORT OF SEEN OFF

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
And I'm back in action!

2-2: Duty Bound

Abrecan is so devoted to his role as knight, that he'd even endure Alaron's bullshit if his King ordered it. But that doesn't mean he wants to.
halibabica
2-3: Curses!

I don't know what Alaron meant in that panel where Rheda calls him a nuisance. I think he misunderstood her insult, but I have no idea what he thought she said. :s
halibabica
2-4: A Friendly Interlude

No time to talk! Guess he'll have to visit Brenna again later...
halibabica
2-5: Fight Another Day

Was that a dirty joke, Sheridan? In an N64 game, no less?

We'll get that fight out of you someday...
halibabica
2-6: The Old Weapons Master

And here's the only new character we're meeting this chapter. His name's been dropped a few times already, but he's really not that important. He knows a bit of Gwernian history, though. Can we just acknowledge what a cool name Griktikal is?
halibabica
2-7: Momentary Meeting

And here's the game's first reference to Aspect. Let me break this down real easy for you: Aspect is determined by the time of day you were born. If day, you're solar, if not, you're lunar. Aspect affects your ability to function normally; solars perform better during the day, while lunars are more affected by the phase of the moon.

In-game, all this means is you shouldn't battle at night because all your actions will probably fail.
halibabica
2-8: Banter with Bowden

Bowden, row 6, panels 2&3: me talking about my hobbies to literally anyone.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Super not suspicious at all how worried everyone in the castle is about Alaron talking to Oriana.
halibabica
Not even slightly. She's definitely just a crazy old forest hag and not relevant for any other reason.
halibabica
2-9: Godric Could Go

Well, there's one willing participant. The better question is, should Godric go?
halibabica
2-10: Mysterious Mirari Magic

When Gechina says Mirari magic is "all one," she means her people don't follow the concept of the four schools. That's a human distinction. Not that it helps Alaron's trouble at all.
halibabica
2-11: The Last Candidate

As you can see, this adventure is off to the best possible start.

I like how this conversation shows the other side of something Abrecan mentioned earlier. I think that was a nice touch on the part of the writers. Alaron's reaction to it is completely different, too.
halibabica
2-12: More Fascinating Lectures

Of course the only character who wants to go is the only one who can't. It's just great like that. Have a heap of lore while you're at it.
halibabica
2-13: Decide Decisively

This conversation only happens if you don't recruit Abrecan the first time you ask. It's not in this room specifically, but I chose this location for another reason. Also, hey, I actually wrote the dialogue in the last two panels! Wow!
halibabica
2-14: Trust Issues

For the longest time, I didn't know this conversation was in the game. Sheridan appears in this room after you talk to him in the training room, but it's out of your way and there's no other reason to go there. I also put this out of order; normally the second half happens first, and you can talk about Oriana if you ask again. No big deal.
halibabica
2-15: One Down

...and one to go. Sorry, Brenna. I guess you played the tsundere card too heavily.
halibabica
2-16: Rheda or Not

Did I have you going for a minute there? I hope I did.
halibabica
And we're back. I took a couple weeks off to hammer out a game design project, but now the comics have resumed.

2-17: More Than a Name

So, this little interview with Gechina is slightly unprompted, but still relevant enough to include. Maybe just keep that stuff about True Names in the back of your mind for now. It'll come up again later, I promise.
halibabica
2-18: One Last Lecture

Couldn't get out of here without another Bowden speech.
halibabica
2-19: A Cook's Concern

And that's the last we'll see of Gabrion for about ten chapters. Don't ask me why he put a serving tray directly in the fire, or why he's boiling meat chops, but feel free to tell me if you didn't notice before I pointed it out.