CHRONICLING AIDYN 3-25: SORT OF SEEN OFF

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
3-10: Inn Keeping

Adventure progress day one: left the castle and crossed through the starting town. It's an RPG all right. In the meantime, Rheda reads another bit of Becan's journal.
halibabica
3-11: Chaotic Detour

I'm almost completely sure the reason they put such a tough pack of wolves right at the start was to try and make the player discover this location. They even put huge draw distance on the scraggly tree at the base of the hill, just begging for you to come over and look. Crafty developers...

And hey, there's the scout from the prologue.
halibabica
3-12: Take the High Road

I wish it was this easy to chase off those wolves. Seems Godric lucked out this time.

And hey, this is the 101st page of this series. Wow.
halibabica
3-13: Cold Encounter

Can you decipher the spirit's words? nac uoy erus m'I.
halibabica
3-14: In Loving Memory

I kinda wish you could actually return Kendall's hat in-game. It's not a valuable piece of equipment, and it'd be a nice gesture toward his widow (who would maybe reward you with something better?). Ah well, there are many things I'd change in Aidyn if I could.
halibabica
3-15: They

This guy is one of the more interesting generic NPCs you can talk to. His dialogue is very short if you haven't explored Yorwood before, but he says some pretty fascinating stuff depending on where you've been and what you've found. However, this isn't where he normally appears. For some reason, they put him on the bridge into Gwernia, which doesn't make any sense when he talks about being trapped in the forest...
halibabica
3-16: Over the River, Through the Woods

Yorwood is an optional location to visit, so finding your way to it feels really adventurous. I think the collapsed path is a nice touch and a great clue that something is nearby.
halibabica
3-17: Projection of Miss-iles

The rope is one of the best hold items you can find in this game. It boosts the Thief skill, which lets you break into locked chests more easily and increases damage on backstabs. You just can't go wrong with that!

...never mind that neither of those effects make any sense for a rope.

And apparently these image links don't work anymore. That's cool.
halibabica
3-18: One Ring to Name Them All

The Namer's Ring really isn't anything that special. It's a spell battery item, which basically means it absorbs some of the MP cost of casting spells. I guess an in-lore explanation would be that Naming ceremonies are taxing on the person conducting them, so a ring like that could help ease the burden.
halibabica
3-19-1: The Wrong Man Pt.1

So crazy guy knew about the ring. I wonder what else has him so concerned...

Normally, I would stitch multi-part episodes together, but I didn't have the second page done in time, so we'll have to settle for this for now.
halibabica
3-20-1: Unwanted Guest Pt.1

Missed the update last week due to OVERWHELMING DEMOTIVATION.

But I got over it, so now we're back.
halibabica
3-20-2: Unwanted Guest Pt.2

This is one of the scenes that the game leaves too much up to your imagination. When you first walk into the hut, it's the same way it was the last time you saw it, but the characters talk about what a mess it is and how the place is trashed when there's no clutter to be found at all. Whether I did it any better justice is questionable at best. x_x
halibabica
Much as I love this game and want to spread its story as far as I can, I've been disenchanted with drawing lately and I have another project weighing on my mind. Thus, I am putting the comic on hiatus until further notice. I should be able to resume it later this year, but when, I can't be sure. To those blessed few who were enjoying it, I'm sorry you'll have to wait. Alaron will return again someday...
halibabica
3-21: The Fourth School

Is it ironic to revive this on an episode about necromancy?
Y'know, I was just thinking about this comic yesterday, wondering when it might resume.
halibabica
2020 was one hell of a year. I think that's all I can say about it. -.-
halibabica
3-22: Directions

Finally saying goodbye to Oriana, but it seems she'll be on Alaron's mind after this as well. We're returning to Gwernia...again.
halibabica
I'm done putting this on arbitrary hiatuses. I can't promise regular updates like I used to do, but it sure as hell won't be going dark anymore.

3-23: In Gwernia Again
halibabica
3-24: A King's Concern

Yes, I'm still at this. My progress now gets slowed by the art needs of my YT channel since I draw a fanart thumbnail for each playlist, and some of what I cover is very short, but when I'm not bogged down with those, I'm totally continuing this series. Yay?