WHAT RPG MAKER DO YOU USE?

Pages: first 12 next last
I'm posting this poll across multiple RM communities to get an idea of which versions are still being commonly used.

Your text to link here...
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
I use RPG Maker 2003 (official KADOKAWA version), for old time's sake. The main reason why I'm still developing my current game in RM2K3 is to give teenage me some kind of "closure". I want to make one good game to compensate for the plethora of average-to-bad games I released back in the late 2000's, and I want it to be rich in heart and meaning (no project page yet, maybe one day when I actually have something to show).

I intend to move away from RPG Maker 2003 after I finish this project, though.
VX Ace. Even after I finished my last game, I didn't move to MV. I do have MV on Steam, but I just can't to get into it and have fun like I have over the years with 2000, 20003, and VX Ace.
I use VX Ace at the moment. I would use MV, but the editor lags terribly on my machine for whatever reason. So I don't think its very well put together, to say the least.

I was a huge advocate of 2k3 for the longest time, but now that I've warmed up to VXA there's no turning back.
Im using MV and have been since it came out. I want my games to be playable on as many systems as possible and with MV allowing export to both PC and Mac it just makes more sense for me.
I started with VX Ace, and i'm still using it now. I have MV and will likely be moving on to that when I finish my current projects within VX ace, but I'll have to see if adjusting to the differences between them is worth it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've been using Ace since it came out. Or, at least, since this event. I've zero inclination to move to MV.
I'm using RM2K for the most part. I might move on to VX Ace or XP, but for now I'm happy with what I have.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I've been using VX Ace ever since I got it and no other RM seeing as Ace is the first one I got. I've had a lot of fun using it and I don't see myself switching over to any other RM anytime soon.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
2k3 and VX Ace. I started with 2k3 and moved to VX Ace predominantly, but lately, I've been doing stuff in 2k3.
I use 2k3. I've been using it since it came out in 2003. Once I release my current project, I'm going to move on to a new maker. I'll be satisfied after I release this game because of its immense scope.
I have about every RPG Maker under the sun...
From the ones I LEGALLY own, Ace and MV (ace is the Japanese boxed release which was stolen :( )

I don't use RM for serious projects these days, I like to be free and do everything from scratch. But from the most recent RM I owned that would be MV.
I purchased the full version of VX Ace as it is still a great engine.
I got myself RPG Maker MV just because I got a MacBook and it's the only engine available, although I've really grown fond of it and it has rekindled my RPG Making interest, so I'd probably use it even if I got PC.

I used to play around with rm2k and rm2k3 for so many years, but XP, VX or VX Ace never really caught on with me. I think I did buy VX Ace when it was first released though...
I currently use RPG Maker MV, due to its numerous features and all the cool things JavaScript allows. Very flexible program, and probably my favorite in the series.
I will never leave RPG Maker VX Ace unless Theo Allen moves his battle script to MV (Which is unlikely to happen).
Plus i am more familiar with Ace, i feel like MV is all about the higher resolutions and stuff like that to make a HD game or something of the sort (?)... anyway, VX Ace rules!
I've used both VXA and MV. I prefer VXA far more than MV, tho, since there is simply much more I know about VXA than MV. I will...SOMETIMES...mess around with MV, but not often...
I've used RPG Maker VX Ace for our game Stitched, I'm planning to consider MV for the next game.
2003, because every time I hear the word "Plugin" I want to shoot myself.

But in all seriousness, it's such a small, simple tool that it has a particular charm. it's kind of like making a longbow using only hand tools. It's not as efficient as using power tools, but contrary to what some people think is very doable. Or maybe it's closer to making a bow using only stone tools...
Pages: first 12 next last