RMN YOUTUBE: THE REVIVENING!

Pages: first 12 next last
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
RMN YouTube:
The Revivening!

As some of you may know, RMN has its own YouTube channel. The RMN music pack, Let's Plays, streams, and highlight videos on quality RPG Maker games are among the content you can find on there. Yet despite a quite substantial number of subscribers, for a long time the channel hadn't seen a lot of activity until recently.

Which is why I want to try to keep the buzz going, and promote your games in doing so! But I could use some help.

So far, I have the following things planned:

- I will check the media section of RMN regularly and look for worthwhile content to showcase on RMN's channel. Trailers, OSTs, Let's Plays and similar videos will get their own playlists, so that viewers visiting our channel can find and check out your media easily.
You can contribute by pointing out good content to me here in this thread, similar to how suggestions can be made for featured games and images. In addition, if you have video media for your own or someone else's game ready and would like it to be uploaded to RMN's channel directly to reach more viewers, or simply don't have a YouTube channel of your own to upload to, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly feature your content.

- Just like Liberty has resumed using the channel for streams of RMN games of her own, I will add footage of some of my own streams of your games every now and then as well.
But we can always use more and a wider selection of Let's Plays and gameplay videos. If you are a Let's Player or a streamer and would like to contribute some content to be added directly to RMN's channel, please speak up and we'll get this show on the road. Only requirement: The games you create footage of must have a download available on RMN.

- Every so often, site-related videos for game making events, creative works by members of RMN, and similar occasions might find its way onto the channel as well. We're open to suggestions as to what other purposes we might use the channel for, so if you have any good ideas on how to make it better, throw your comments at me.

There are a few rules to keep in mind:

- Any game to be promoted on the channel must have a download on RMN (demos are fine). As much as we want to draw people's attention towards games still in development, we need some more substantial indication that your game has any chance of getting finished and consists of more than just a trailer.

- For the same reason, promotional material for unfinished games that have been cancelled and are no longer being developed is not eligible. Promoting vapourware isn't exactly the goal here. Actual gameplay footage of cancelled games might still be acceptable, though.

- Your promotional material must meet the same quality standards as any other content to be added to RMN. It's not our goal to be unnecessarily restrictive, but there's no benefit for anyone if we lose our credibility by featuring bad content. RMN's staff reserves the right to decide on a case-by-case basis when in doubt.

Feel free to post any questions and link your content here in the thread, too. Happy game making!
Oooh, this sounds neat. Will have to keep an eye on it :3 dunno if I was around when the channel came to be but oh well. Looking forward to whatever ends up on it!
there's a betting pool on how long it takes for NeverSilent to burn out
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Most of our staff functions consist of betting on who will drop first.
i have a bunch of recordings of old rmn games, that only have part 1. Maybe i'll start uploading them and farm maker score, great idea man
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I've got 9 episodes of Let's Plays here, if that's the kind of thing you're looking for:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/media/
Oh wow! It is really good to know that the RMN youtube channel is being revived! XD :)

Hmm, I did make a newb trailer for my completed game Elf's Diary which was made for the RPG maker bday event. xDD Hopefully it's an okay contribution in my part. xDD

https://rpgmaker.net/games/10362/media/5402/
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thanks, everybody! All suggestions are welcome. Let's keep that betting pool going!

author=Dyluck
I've got 9 episodes of Let's Plays here, if that's the kind of thing you're looking for

A complete and finished LP? Looks great! New playlist incoming!

author=Starmage
Hmm, I did make a newb trailer for my completed game Elf's Diary which was made for the RPG maker bday event. xDD Hopefully it's an okay contribution in my part. xDD

Thanks! Got you covered!
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Here's also 8 episodes of LP for Casia:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/6370/media/5547/
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

What happened to RMN Roulette?!

Other dead things to consider = Steam community group.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kory_toombs

The "Send me in, Coach!" button/link still exists?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=kory_toombs

That video series was a project of Illy's, which unfortunately only saw 2 installments. Since I'm personally not super enthusiastic about the idea of picking, playing and recording RMN games entirely at random, I don't think it's a series I will continue.
Of course, if anybody else wants to step up and volunteer to make videos for RMN Roulette or a similar setup on our YouTube channel, please feel free to do so!

I've also created a new playlist for RPG Maker tutorials. Kind of strange to think we didn't have such a thing before. It's not huge right now, but I'll try to expand it by including new videos on a regular basis. And maybe I'll end up splitting it up into multiple playlists for different versions of RPG Maker, to make it more accessible.
Making the youtube more active would be a great idea. I could help out in making the channel as I actively use youtube myself, while it being personally for my music (check it here if you want)

I have broad experience for thumbnails, presentation, how to maximize reach for a video (yeah I have been having an original music channel for a long time, it is harder to reach people with that as its not a Fortnight channel). I would be more than eager to help this site as it has been a place I and many others have gound their foothold.

Perhaps it could work as you say, having content for indie games nearly in weekly basis! Let me know if you need any help with that. I could even create content for it!

author=kory_toombs

Yeah, I had a serious falling out with Youtube with all their policy changes and other questionable choices. My desire to make videos kinda died with it, unfortunately. This is why I decided to hand the torch over to someone who could rightfully handle the channel.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Shade_Hunter
Perhaps it could work as you say, having content for indie games nearly in weekly basis! Let me know if you need any help with that. I could even create content for it!

Hey, thanks a lot for offering your help, Shade_Hunter! Since I've taken over responsibility for the YouTube channel only a few weeks ago, I don't think I should start handing direct control over to other people just yet, but any contribution you want to provide is more than welcome.

If you have ideas for what kinds of content you would like to make or how to add to the channel's quality, I'm more than happy to accept. Feel free to post or message me anything you come up with, and I'll see how we can make it work if the rest of the staff is okay with it.

As a side note, music for games is definitely a category that would work great on our channel. The RMN music pack was published on there as well and has gathered quite some interest. Whether it's music made by RMN members or independent composers to be showcased in playlists, or even tracks published on the channel itself, as long as they're free to use in game projects, there's absolutely a place for them. If anyone would like to see their own (or someone else's) music for video games added to or featured on the channel, feel free to let me know!
I'd be really hype if it got more active, since I'm on youtube quite a bit myself. I make, and watch videos on it quite a bit while I'm developing stuff. So, best of fortune to you and the channel going forward. (^v^)/
What about LPs of non-RPG Maker Games like SMBX? I have quite a few LPs of various SMBX episodes, including; The Default Episodes: The Invasion 2, The Great Castle Adventure, The Great Empire & The Princess Cliche, as well as RMN Bros. 1-3, World & Yoshi's Archipelago, Last King of Hyrule, Super Talking Time Bros. 1, 2 & 2.5, Mario's Mansion 1-4, and maybe a few others.

I would mention my preview for my Dragon Quest remake but I've put that on hiatus due to MV's & Plugin's BS.
This makes me want to get involved and do some recordings...
Pages: first 12 next last