DISTILLED OPINIONS REVIEW JAM

No one named Brandy got a review this week. Shame.

1 Frogge
2 TravisScottAstroWorld
3 Kylaila
4 HawkZombie
5 Dyluck
6 Frogge
7 Tw0Face
8 kumada
9 Gretgor
10 Fomar0153
11 Frogge
12 thesacredlobo
13 Gretgor
14 pianotm
15 Frogge

14 & 13

Congrats to Gretgor & pianotm! A winner is you!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Thank you, so much!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
It was fun to get back into doing reviews. These events seem to be like the only things that actually encourage me to play stuff on the site.

Congrats to all winners and everyone else for all their efforts in writing reviews!
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Yay, I won! Thank you guys so much, this is an awesome initiative :)

What keys can I still get? Been wanting to play Octodad with my girlfriend for a while now, so if that's still available, I'd like it.
author=Frogge
It was fun to get back into doing reviews. These events seem to be like the only things that actually encourage me to play stuff on the site.

Congrats to all winners and everyone else for all their efforts in writing reviews!

Excellent, then kentona's plan is working.

I got one review submitted for whiskey. We know what this coming week's booze is yet?
Sorry, I was camping! Just got back.

This week's theme is Tequila
Not that it matters, because AFAIK I'm the only one going so far as actually (conspicuously) drinking the booze that matches the theme as I write my reviews, but out of idle curiosity, why all hard liquor and no beer, wine, cider, etc?

(on a mostly unrelated note i got so fucking wrecked on apocalypto and cuervo last night oh my god)
beer and wine and cider aren't distilled.
Just TBC when does tequila end?

(tequila never ends, tequila unending)
author=StormCrow
Just TBC when does tequila end?

(tequila never ends, tequila unending)

author=kentona
Week 6 theme: Tequila
Week 6 dates: August 15th to August 21st

It's already finished. I've already thrown a review for the upcoming theme into the pending queue. I think you can do that as well. Unless you first need proper information about which booze you have to sip. Then you should wait.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
I am just waiting on a few reviews to clear the queue before proceeding with the raffles from previous weeks. The week 7 theme is Absinthe
damnit, I missed tequila : ( oh well, couldn't've been helped. i was outta town over the weekend.

oh man, where am I gonna get absinthe
A make-shift solution is to use another beverage and then tape something saying absinthe over it
Get some cheap vodka and some green dye
Absinthe is an herbal, anise flavored spirit.

The most US-accessible equivalent is jaegermeister.

This is me not recommending drinking jaegermeister for a game review drive.

Kylaila has the right of it. Decent beer, painter's tape, "aBsInThE" over the label, and a day *not* haunted by the antlered god that dwells within the bottle.
wait. you can't get absinthe in the USA?
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I always just kinda assumed the absinthe found in Canada (B.C.) was some kind of watered down version or something, because its effects seemed so normal, compared to the stories I recalled hearing about from people who drank it in Europe, who claimed they hallucinated or blacked out from just a tiny bit, or it was banned in some places or something.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Absinthe was never illegal in the U. S., but there was a ban on bringing it in for about 100 years. We've been able to get it since 2007, but most people in the country don't even know what it is. Distribution companies don't see a demand for it, and so they don't offer it. You will be very hard pressed to find absinthe in the U. S.
@kentona Absinthe is pretty uncommon here. There's just a general absinthe of it.

@dyluck, supposedly the hallucinatory effects of absinthe at the turn of the century were due to additives and contaminants that found their way into batches produced by less scrupulous makers. I didn't know any of this until I checked wikipedia, though, because all the stories about it here are "it's got wormwood" and "it will eat through your brain."
author=kumada
@kentona Absinthe is pretty uncommon here. There's just a general absinthe of it.

oy. anyway I am very fascinated by the antlered god that dwells within the bottle, that sounds pretty cool, but yeah I could certainly stand to use my body as less of a chemistry experiment.

(Anise is also like catnip for dogs, apparently.)

We've been able to get it since 2007, but most people in the country don't even know what it is.

(Also coming from the US) I've known what it is at least since I was a Freshman in College, and I had some much later at an anniversary party in '10 or '11 because a friend brought me a bottle of it that they'd heavily customized and illustrated. It didn't cooperate: it wouldn't stay inside me long enough for me to tell if it had any hallucinogenic effects, because blackouts and projectile vomiting. I don't blame that entirely on the absinthe. I think I ate too many cocktail shrimp, too. The one thing I can recall with any certainty is that it is one of the most vile tasting substances on earth.