[RMVX ACE] VARIABLES

Pages: 1
Can you have a variable event without a "giver", such as you do in a quest?

I have 5 urns that I need to light. I acquire a candle and light them.
When all urns are lit, I would like a warp graphic (small hexagram) to appear and use it to transfer to another area.
I was assuming you use "Save Count" setting for this, as you are not collecting anything in inventory. Would the hexagram be the "giver"?
Thanks
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I mean, the hexagram is a quest-giver, in the strictest sense of the term. However, the variable it wants to look at isn't save count. It's how many lanterns are lit. They would generally be a separate values. Save count would be incremented with each time the player saves, while the other, would be incremented with each lantern that is lit. However, as you mention, the urns would only increment the value if players have the lantern to light them. That would involve a conditional branch to make sure players have the lantern to light them.

As for the hexagram, itself, I'm pretty sure that would just be a "variable 5 or greater" condition on the event page? I don't perceive anything special needing to happen to the actual teleport event, nor how it interacts with the player, outside of it being Below Hero.
author=Marrend
I mean, the hexagram is a quest-giver, in the strictest sense of the term. However, the variable it wants to look at isn't save count. It's how many lanterns are lit. They would generally be a separate values. Save count would be incremented with each time the player saves, while the other, would be incremented with each lantern that is lit. However, as you mention, the urns would only increment the value if players have the lantern to light them. That would involve a conditional branch to make sure players have the lantern to light them.

As for the hexagram, itself, I'm pretty sure that would just be a "variable 5 or greater" condition on the event page? I don't perceive anything special needing to happen to the actual teleport event, nor how it interacts with the player, outside of it being Below Hero.

Thanks for the reply, Marrend
Would I manually add variable 003 +1 to each urn event, after they are lit?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You would manually add the variable, yes. However, it wouldn't be as so much after they are lit, but as part of being lit. So, if you're using game-variable #3 for this, the event command for the urns probably looks something like...

Conditional Branch: [Candle] in Inventory
Control Variables: [0003: urns_lit] += 1
Control Self-Switch: A = ON
Branch End

...this. Assuming Page 2 is their "lit" state, with Self-Switch A being active.
Pages: 1