WHAT WAS THE WORST/FUNNIEST/MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT YOU'VE HAD WHILE SOMEONE ELSE WAS PLAYING YOUR GAME?

Pages: first prev 12 last
One of the Lets Plays of Hazmat has a comment section absolutely FULL to the brim with theories about what the games story (and ending in particular) was meant to convey, along with arguments about whether its deep and meaningful or just a joke at the players expense. I find these comments far more entertaining than the game itself.

I released the first demo of my game DEEP 8 back in 2014. It was kinda crappy compared to now, but some let's player played it. Unfortunately I forgot to turn off an event that I used for testing. it was a common event as a PP and changed stats etc. it had like 10 100 sec waits at the end, which was why in the beginning everything seemed normal, because it was activated on start and then was on wait. but when the waits were over, suddenly a new character appeared in battle. the let's player contacted me and I could solve it easily, still I was pretty embarassed.

but it got worse. apparently he didn't like my game. so instead of playing it to the end, he made a crappy cartoon of it. you can see it here, but it's german:

it was kinda mean actually >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWs2Y16fVPk
A few months ago, I've uploaded a version of my game that had a gamebreaker in level 8: you couldn't win this level. The link was up for two weeks and no one noticed.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
author=Tw0Face
A few months ago, I've uploaded a version of my game that had a gamebreaker in level 8: you couldn't win this level. The link was up for two weeks and no one noticed.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

I know this one too. It's pretty bad. But I fear it's more like people notice stuff, but they don't report it and just quit. ^^'
Worst - I was working on a text-based JRPG for many years and asked for advice on a forum (not this one) once. People helped me and one person was really interested and told me he can playtest my game if I want. I told him I first want to get it into a state I consider good to release a demo of. Years later I contacted him and asked him if he still wants to try, but since he is usually playing text adventures, I warned him that my game is truly a JRPG which is quite different from a text adventure. He said he's still interested so I sent it to him, but he didn't write back. 3 months later I asked what happened and he said he felt bad to answer because he found everything so horrible. He told me what he didn't like, but I didn't find his feedback very constructive because it really just came down to him hating everything I like about JRPGs. This also completely killed the development of the game as I could never get back the motivation.

Funniest - I used to be in small gamer community and there was this guy called "Wes" and he was always interested in the games I developed but his feedback on all the games I published was that the view range of the game's map isn't big enough. I always had long debates with him about it (explaining why I did it like that and him saying how he would do it and then me explaining back why his idea wouldn't work, etc.).
So one day, I decided to make a game in which you can freely adjust the view range, but the game punishes you heavily for increasing it. Then I jokingly called it "Wide Expiration Space (Wesmaze)". And his first feedback was "I haven't played your game yet, but I judz came in to say that this game has THE BEST FUCKING NAME OF ALL TIMES". Heh! He actually ended up loving the game and even asked me if he can develop an XBLA version of it.

Most Memorable / Best - I rarely ever even publish my games and even if I do, my threads usually stay without replies or only replies from people who obviously haven't played it (like people saying I should post screenshots/videos of the game). So my most memorable moment was when a person did not actually play them, but also recorded it and uploaded it on youtube! This was like one the happiest moments of my live. He didn't really get most mechanics of the games he played and didn't really have the patience to learn them, but it still was so awesome seeing someone play my games.
Pages: first prev 12 last