THE BEST BATTLE ANIMATIONS YOU'VE SEEN?

Pages: first prev 12 last
Probably a majority from Granblue Fantasy.
A lot of good animation unfortunately diminished based on their length.

As strictly for RM animation
Another Rpgmaker game I loved was Fifth Era: Fragments of the Holy Stone. While this game is heavily inspired by FFVII and FFVIII I loved it for its great characters (twelve party members) and their cool animations. I know that both facesets and battlers are Fire Emblem edits, still I prefer them to super-deformed or other cute sprites

Just quick sample (there are better special attacks and summons like Liam's Meteor Dance and Lord of Fire moves and a girl that turns into a giant bird before attacking! ). Nothing out of the world, still I loved them much more than those in FFVI and its remake!
Xenogears as got the best animations ever in a 2D game, strange that no one mentions it, the deathblows of the characters are mindblowing, also the hit effects sounds SOLID.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-_0Yo4ZMQ&ab_channel=Artificialraven

Also that Aberrant 2 RPG Maker game looks gorgeous!
author=JosephSeraph
one thing to mention about Ranmasters as well is the good use of flashing. By default rm2k (or any rpg maker really)'s flashes are pretty bad, because they just add a flat color with opacity on top then smoothly fade out. By making it flash back and forth like that it looks like something from the SNES which works hand in hand with the rest of the stuff.

I really dont get why in 2018 no rpg maker has additive flashing... welp

BTW i wanna present a counterargument to "battle animations are unimportant"; I've seen more than a few good rpg makers whose battles were ruined by poor animations -- still playable and fun but the use of default or underwhelming animations took much of the fun and excitement away in the battle system.

Good battle animations help set the pacing of the battle so you're constantly darting your eyes around points of importance, they should be communicative and consistent so they always inform the player correctly, and they should feel rewarding to use. When the player unlocks a new spell (especially if it's a powerful or otherwise unusual spell) if the animation is underwhelming, it won't be nearly as fun as if it's exciting and memorable so idk

Animations are important guys dont underestimate them
Thankfully there's plenty of awesome in terms of battle animations on the internet :^3

Totally agree, also its why i spend SO MUCH TIME, in combat animations, whoever said that combat animations doesnt matter is out of his/her mind...
I need to add some of these to the archive thread before i forget this thread.
Pages: first prev 12 last