FEVER THE GHOST - STATS

Pages: first prev 12 last
Oh, not to say you don't (in case it felt like that). Any feedback is in high demand : D

Cool : ) I see!
Oh, not to say you don't (in case it felt like that).

It didn't. Though, I imagine you get a lot more requests for that kind of stuff then I do.

Any feedback is in high demand

Usually. Though sometimes you run into developers like RedWall10.

Sadly, I imagine the game is going to frustrate me later because I'm planning on covering the gold tournament. And tournaments in that game are comprised of fighting waves of enemies. In the case of the gold tournament you need to clear 50. And there's no way to save between rounds. So once, you get started on a tourney you need to commit yourself to it.
author=thesacredlobo
Oh, not to say you don't (in case it felt like that).
It didn't. Though, I imagine you get a lot more requests for that kind of stuff then I do.

Any feedback is in high demand

Usually. Though sometimes you run into developers like RedWall10.

Sadly, I imagine the game is going to frustrate me later because I'm planning on covering the gold tournament. And tournaments in that game are comprised of fighting waves of enemies. In the case of the gold tournament you need to clear 50. And there's no way to save between rounds. So once, you get started on a tourney you need to commit yourself to it.

That sounds indeed like a lot to get into. Good luck.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
That's all quite interesting.
How do you usually approach to choosing games for your reviews (and this is something every reviewer can answer)?
For example I can't imagine even trying to play a game, which doesn't attract me in some way. There's only one very negative review I made. The review's quite bad too.
The thing is that these days I usually aim for shorter attractive games, which have 0-1 reviews. Usually, I focus on narration the most as it is the thing I understand quite well. It's also the reason I'm usually avoiding rtp fantasy adventures.

I think my current pace is 2 reviews/year, but I plan to spend more evenings playing short games from here, so there should be a load soon. I think my new reviews should be better as I'm more objective and critical now, when it comes to writing, and I know a lot more about games and game design to be helpful in my reviews.
Well, you can go under my playlist and then go to the random games. I quite like the "Send me in Coach!" for short games. I also like non-rpg games quite a lot and short games of all kinds.
I pick between random pages and new arrivals - the new games are really nice to review in so far as that the dev is likely to be around and can actually read what you write. After a while I also like certain devs (mjishi comes to mind), whose games I liked jumping on.
I usually know which ones I like or what to expect, for better or worse haha. (ofc there's only so much to go by, but yknow)
So I put 'em all on my playlist, and then picked a game of whatever genre I was most in the mood that day.

Later on, when I signed up for the review topics I had more people asking me, so I went to check out a number of them. While I enjoyed doing that, I think I enjoyed having me pick the genre n game more. (otherwise I still do, and just take my time)

I got burnt out playing too much random stuff, so I am still on break and happily so.
How do you usually approach to choosing games for your reviews

I usually just scroll through the list of completed games and look for something that sounds interesting. Of course, this has led to me playing a lot of shitty games on purpose over the years.

I also like to pseudo participate in events every now and again by Let's Playing or reviewing some of the games that came out of them. Which was the main reason I took a crack at "Dragon's Gate".
Emergency meeting, code RMN.
My game has actually ranked somewhere on the stat topic.
I don't see the problem with that. Unless your of the opinion that your game isn't worth anyone's time or effort to play and talk about.
author=thesacredlobo
I don't see the problem with that. Unless your of the opinion that your game isn't worth anyone's time or effort to play and talk about.

Nah, it's pretty cool. I'm just trying to act like someone who sees the stat thread as the second best achievement on this site just behind Misaos and is about to get a heart attack.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Frogge
From 42 to 33 in most makerscore. I'm impressed. With myself. Good job me.

Glad to know I only have to surpass Addit now before I'm in the top 10 reviewers.

I'm surprised I'm in the top 10 for that. I don't frequently submit reviews. I think most of that was from Review Kingdom, where I busted my ass to do 30 reviews in a couple of weeks. That event pretty much peaked my Maker Score to where it is today.

Pages: first prev 12 last