THE OPPOSITE OF A COMPLAINT

Pages: 1
I kind of just noticed that RMN is the only webforum I use where if I do something silly like clicking directly on my locker after writing a 500 word post, my post is automagically still there when I hit the back button, like it was still cached or whatever. Well, no whatever, I'm 90% sure 'cached' is the right word.

Every other web-forum-blog-you-name-it one errant click and whatever i was working on is lost forever.

How does RMN do this and why doesn't anyone else?
OH GOD YES. I never really pointed it out anywhere, but I am SO glad for this! It has saved me so much frustration and rewritings over the years. Thanks RMN!

How though, I have no idea.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
That is indeed an extremely good feature!
I wish all webforums had something like this. So many painful memories... ;|
Yeah, this is a really useful feature, especially for reviews.
It's probably because it uses some outdated system that has stuff from 1999 to make it use less bandwidth rather than all the newfangled things that need to load and reload from scratch every time a site is visited.
There are a couple other sites I go on sometimes that also save what you write with forum posts, but I don't know many!

So fully agreed with you.

I also really love the fact on here you can edit reviews and also save them as draft, and preview them too. Very useful features!
author=Shinan
It's probably because it uses some outdated system that has stuff from 1999 to make it use less bandwidth rather than all the newfangled things that need to load and reload from scratch every time a site is visited.

probably this. because I have no idea.

whatever it is, I also appreciate it
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I have always loved this feature(?) since the first time I noticed it.
author=Liberty
whatever it is, I also appreciate it

author=kentona
probably this. because I have no idea.

See? Neither of them know... therefore I restate my answer. Magic.
RMN The M is for MAGIC
I can relate to anyone going through this. While I am not a man working too much on writing, making music sometimes has that very same problem, losing work for some minor issue. While losing text is easier, the pain is the same one...
author=Arcmagik
Real Magic Now.

word to your mother

While losing text is easier, the pain is the same one...

trust me, it depends HOW MUCH text
Pages: 1