2%
Blacktober
10%
Revive The Dead, Beaten Horse
20%
Little Nightmares
17%

Pages: first 12345 next last
Every year we run a month-long game making event for Halloween. This year is no different, however this time we're giving you guys a choice in what event we end up running. So vote on what you'd most like to see ran for this Halloween!

Fractured Fairy Tales
Retell old fairy tales and add a horror twist. Whether it be Hansel and Gretel being demons who vandalise a poor old lady's house or Little Red Riding Hoodlum stalking an innocent wolf through a city-scape forest, taking something and messing with the pieces to make something new is definitely a tried and true way of creating interesting works.

Dark Indulgence
Make a game with a dark theme. Your choice what you make as long as it is thematically dark in nature.

Meat Puzzle Madness
Collaboratively create a puzzle game with horror twist. An escape-based puzzle event where you make horror themed puzzles (a la Saw) which get stitched together at the end of the game to make a cohesive whole. You'd get 3 weeks to work on the game and 1 week for it to be put together, hopefully in time for Halloween.

They Walk Among Us
There's a lot of things that go bump in the night - real horrors that others have witnessed. True stories to make your skin crawl. Taking inspiration from actual true stories, make a horror game!

Blacktober
Red, White and Black. Three colours that work quite well together, creating a stark contrast to each other. Create a game using a palette of only monochrome colours and reds.

Little Nightmares
Gather together bad dreams that members have had in the past. Then everyone picks one of the dreams from the list made and uses it as inspiration to create a spooky game.

Revive the Dead, Beaten Horse
Bringing dead games back to unlife. Pick a game you stopped working on at some point and try to finish it over the course of the month. Zombify them gams!
LET'S ALL BEAT A HORSE
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
LET'S REVIVE SOME DEAD STUFF!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
These are all good themes.
Fairy Tale might be a good excercise in storytelling if you take it seriously.
Dark Themes should be taken with some taste. Ofc I love serious themes in games, but I'm afraid that this might be little too adult for the community (as a big event at least. It would be great as smaller event).
Puzzles are always good.
Making a game based on a real story could be interesting too.
Blacktober is another interesting challenge. I guess I wouldn't make it a sole theme of the event, tho. It would make for a nice extra condition (achievement).
I wouldn't be against another Revive The Dead.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
resurrect the dead call it the zombie game train
I totally read "Poopy Skeletons"

They Walk Among Us definitely for me!
Blacktober sounds really fun tho as well.
Nothing says we can't have some of these over the next few Halloweens, no worries if your fave doesn't make it this time around. ^.^)b
There was a lot of Revive the Dead for there only being 3 votes for Revive the Dead... wth!!

Revive the Dead is so easy for me because I don't work on anything other than Legion Saga and I lost all my old files years ago so if we did that... another successful event for me! Yaya
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
What if i picked a fairy tale that is plenty dark but give it a happy twist lol
The Sky is the limit
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
As long as Fairly Tales, Walk Among Us or Little Nightmares wins I’m happy.
I came here expecting SPOOPY SKELETONS AND WICKED WITCHES and I got a bunch of other more complex themes instead...

Im voting for Spoopy Skeletons.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I like how it's "add a horror twist" to fairy tales that involve cannibalizing children (and one about the children's parents leaving them out to die) like that wasn't already super horrific. :V
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Sooz
I like how it's "add a horror twist" to fairy tales that involve cannibalizing children (and one about the children's parents leaving them out to die) like that wasn't already super horrific. :V

or, you know

cinderella's sisters getting their eyes plucked out by crows and going blind

the little mermaid regeretting her wish and sewing her own legs together so she can go back to the ocean

the prince from rapunzel falling on thorns and also going blind

sleeping beauty getting raped

I mean if the theme ends up fairy tales I'm probably gonna go with the little match girl which in itself is already a story about a girl with an abusive father literally dying outside in the cold
Blacktober, but in a non-racially charged way!
Dark Indulgence, a game about me basically.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
The hype for oktober event is real!
author=Frogge
author=Sooz
the little mermaid regeretting her wish and sewing her own legs together so she can go back to the ocean

the prince from rapunzel falling on thorns and also going blind

Little Mermaid was her basically having the choice to stab Princey through the heart on his wedding night to another woman and getting to live, or dying and never having her soul ascend to heaven because, hey, mermaids don't have souls and just turn into sea foam. She chose the second because LOVE.

Also, Rapunzel cried on Prince's eyes and they magically healed through the power of LOVE.

Some of them had happy endings despite the darker tones within.

That said, think more 'twist' than 'let's make this horrific'. Like, say, Little Red's hood being red because she's the wolf and the blood of her victims dyed it so. Or Little Match Girl burned down homes with the families inside because she was jealous they had happy love times and she didn't. Also, flames are pretty, aren't they grandma? tee hee~<3
Or Snow White was a grunge rocker in a band called 7 Little Men (consisting of 4 kick-ass women) whose father is the CEO of a huge record label and her step-mother hires hitmen to kill her off in order to get the inheritance all to herself (and because she was jealous, since she was a washed up singer who never got to live her dream of being in the limelight).
Or Goldilocks being an escaped psychopath who turned up at the Bear's family home and ends up seducing their only son into killing his loving mother and father.

;p
There's a lot of obscure fairy tales on this list actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fairy_tales

Be funny to do one no one's heard of and you'd just be making a seemingly original game at this point.
unity
You're magical to me.
I voted Little Nightmares because that sounds really cool! ^_^
Pages: first 12345 next last