[RM2K3] IS THERE A PLUGIN OR PATCH THAT CAN CHANGE CHARA SPRITE DIMENSIONS?

Pages: 1
I could swear that I'd found a patch of some sort a long time ago which allowed RM2K3 to use the same relative sprite dimension system as RMXP (so that there would only be one sprite per sprite sheet, and its dimensions are determined by dividing the width by 3 and the height by 4), but I can't find it now... Is my brain making stuff up, or can someone point me in its direction?

If it doesn't exist, and my brain is making stuff up, is there any kind of plugin or patch that can allow one to increase the size of sprites at all?

Thanks for any help and/or information.
Yup. That's definitely the one that I found long ago. I recognize the screenshot. I didn't realize it was only for 2k. That's unfortunate. Not the end of the world, but unfortunate. If anyone knows of anything like this for 2k3 (or could maybe make something like this for 2k3?), that would be quite useful and appreciated.
Your best luck is the DYNRPG plugins where people other than Cherry can code their own plugins but that has its own bundle of fun.

Actually there is a character expand for rm2k3 here: http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-14298/cep______rpg_rt2k3_v108.ips no idea if it's DYN related or how ips works.
you can use this when using the easyrpg player: https://easyrpg.org/
all you have to is write "$" at the beginning of the filename you want to use it on.

additional benefits:
- you can leave colors to RGB
- you can use alpha channel in charsets

disadvantage:
- no preview
Darken, would you be able to point me in the direction of some documentation regarding this .ips patch? And yes, I'm using DYNRPG 2.0. As such, I'm able to just put the .ips patch into the 'Dyn Patches' folder and call it a day (you couldn't do that with the old DYNRPG 1.13; only plugins). So IF this patch can do what I need it to do, then awesome! Your description certainly sounds promising. But the download only contains the .ips. It doesn't come with a readme or anything. Is there any documentation for this? Even if it's in German, that's fine. I know enough German to be able to get by with that.
author=Tor_Heyerdal
Darken, would you be able to point me in the direction of some documentation regarding this .ips patch? And yes, I'm using DYNRPG 2.0. As such, I'm able to just put the .ips patch into the 'Dyn Patches' folder and call it a day (you couldn't do that with the old DYNRPG 1.13; only plugins). So IF this patch can do what I need it to do, then awesome! Your description certainly sounds promising. But the download only contains the .ips. It doesn't come with a readme or anything. Is there any documentation for this? Even if it's in German, that's fine. I know enough German to be able to get by with that.
The 2k3 version have the same instructions of the original patch for the 2k version.
Oh. I didn't realize it was actually a 2k3 port of the same patch from 2k posted above. But I see it now. "CEP" must stand for "Chara Expand Patch", and the "+" because it works with 2k3. I get it now. Thanks a lot, eh? I'm definitely gonna' play around with this. :D I really appreciate it.
ehm ... of course yo cannot use easyrpg, if you're using other dyn patches, yes :|
Thanks for telling me about this EasyRPG thing, IndependentArt. I'll have to remember to try to come back to this after it's less WIP and check it out.
the easyrpg player is actually fully functioning already :) so if it's really just for taller charsets, I'd use this.
also it's compatible to the offical RM 2k3.
Oh, really? The website that you linked to quite clearly says that there are many facets to this program that are still only a work in progress. Although I suppose it's entirely possible that they could've stopped updating that feature list at some point. Well, if it's fully functioning, then maybe I'll check it out a little bit much sooner. lol.

But no, I'm not using DynRPG *just* for bigger charasets. I'm using *several* plugins and patches for my main project. However, I've recently started entertaining the notion of a side project, and I'm still preparing this one for beginning, so I do still have room to switch platforms for the side project. The main project is very well established under Dyn RPG, though.
https://ci.easyrpg.org/ here you can download the current builds of the player. and editor is planned but it's rather far from ready. you just copy the player into your game and start. and there are builds for all sorts of platforms.

hm, yeah, my case was the same, I used multiple dyn plugins. but I found someone who integretated them into the easyrpg player for me, which was not ... easy.
@Darken: It works PERFECTLY! Thank you! I really appreciate the help in finding this!

@IndependentArt: So much for "fully functioning", eh? x3
Pages: 1