CAN I OFFER FREE STEAM KEYS FOR REVIEWS?

Pages: 1
Is it possible to offer free Steam keys to my commercial game which has been published on this website? I'd just need some reviews for it. I wouldn't care whether the review would be written in here or my Steam page or both.
I think people have done it before and it sounds fine to me, I think pms may be more fruitful for that tho. Write up a couple of active reviewers n see if it's up their alley!
Note that if a review is to be added to the site for a game, the game needs to have a download tied to it, and it can't be a 'pay to unlock more' or 'pay to play this' download, because we require that all downloads on game pages be 100% free. Other commercial games have gotten around this by offering a demo of the game, but keep that in mind.

That said, it's 100% fine to offer keys to people, however keep in mind that if they decide not to write a review for the game, that's their choice and staff won't demand that they do so. Most people I know who do reviews will probably be fine with a quid pro quo deal though - that is, they're likely to play the game and review it. Just ask them first~

Good luck!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
author=Liberty
Note that if a review is to be added to the site for a game, the game needs to have a download tied to it, and it can't be a 'pay to unlock more' or 'pay to play this' download, because we require that all downloads on game pages be 100% free. Other commercial games have gotten around this by offering a demo of the game, but keep that in mind.

That said, it's 100% fine to offer keys to people, however keep in mind that if they decide not to write a review for the game, that's their choice and staff won't demand that they do so. Most people I know who do reviews will probably be fine with a quid pro quo deal though - that is, they're likely to play the game and review it. Just ask them first~

Good luck!

In the case of not writing the review, a Steam dev has the power to revoke keys. So, if someone didn't follow through with the review he can log into his Steam Direct account and revoke those keys.

The criteria for writing a Steam review is easy, I might be willing. But now for an RMN review, since that requires actual thought and good writing.
Pages: 1