[RMMV] NO MP3S WTF?

Pages: first prev 12 last
I think webm and mp4 for videos. The videos in the swap project I received were webm so that definitely works.
PixiJS (the generic engine MV is built on top of) supports both.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=StormCrow
SERIOUSLY IT DOES NOT ACCEPT SOUNDS IN .WAV FORMAT?When did .WAV stop being the universal standard for short sound clips? Did whatever makes Ogg Vorbis take over the world while I was sleeping?

1) .wav is lossless, so takes up a LOT of extra space. .ogg is compressed, so less space taken.

2) .ogg is open source, so no worries about licensing issues with the software.

3) .ogg is also one of the highest-quality of the compressed music formats.

It's a weird format, but extremely popular in programming and video gaming circles because of the above reasons.
I use mp3audio download online to search and convert to mp3.
You can google for other services
RMMV uses webm for videos.
Funny, I was just thinking about making a request for native support for non .ogg formats in the relevant thread over at rpgmakerweb.

I mean, it's highly theoretical. I am entrenched in a very comfortable "rut" with VXA, I doubt I'll be making the leap to MV any time soon.

I think I made a very powerful optional boss named Ogg Vorbis in the MV game I was working on while I made the various rageposts in this thread.
unity
You're magical to me.
I actually use Oggs even for VX Ace because they generally take up less space and there have actually been rare players who have issues when trying to play games with MP3s.

Though Ogg Vorbis is a pretty awesome badguy name XD
You can try TunesKit Audio Converter. I remember it supports OGG format.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
This is fine - reawakening older topics not to ask but to answer and give extra info/etc is okay.

If it were to ask a question it'd be better to make a new thread, but putting forth a solution is a-okay! There's a reason we don't really lock or delete old threads, after all. Some of them we actively encourage bringing back to life (like the writing challenge ones).
Pages: first prev 12 last