SEARCHING FOR CO-CREATOR

Pages: 1
I have been off-and-on lately mostly because of my move and finding two new jobs, (which will take a bunch of my time, but whatever.) I'm a hobbyist that enjoys telling stories and playing well made pieces of art, (games like Okami which lack in the fun, but I can appreciate for story/art,) along with games that center on gameplay alone.

I mostly design with a "do it once, do it right" theory and progression, which unfortunately and ultimately slows down my progress tremendously. I had enlisted Christ Hurn* (http://chrishurn.com) to do the music for the game, but he's just as busy with his life as I am.

I'm looking for a co-creator of a game made in rm2k3, (I don't want to move it to xp at this time, or any other maker. That would require too much time investment.) This game is primarily a lot of my ideas, but I am very willing to sit down and discuss things and change or whatever. This would be a co-operation. (Of course, I have to like you, first!)

Here's some of the ideas, and I have random screenshots of what I have done, (admittedly not much graphically, but I tried to put as much effort as possible into making it look nice'n stuff.) These particular screenshots lack of a lot of elements to the background (probably going to add a swirling fog to the space where Sidar walks around, and a "shimmering" effect to the sky'ish background.)

Link to combat ideas: http://www.rpgmaker.net/forums/index.php?topic=90.0

Mini-game Idea (very complicated):
collectable figurine game (mixture between chess/triple triad)
-Four sided board, two players, one to each corner. (A & C)
A
BED
C
-A/C side have the castle of each player, B/D have the keys to the altar of sacrifice which is at E. May bring maiden sacrifice to altar in order to recieve the following: resurrection of one piece, random destruction of one of opponent's pieces, damage to all opponent's pieces, charm one piece of opponent's for limited time, destruction of B/D locations. Maiden must be present at altar for ? turns in order to give opponent a chance to get rid of her.
-Some pieces take % (castle/maiden) while others take points to buy.
-Attack->ATKa * 1.r + FEAd=if > DEFb, b destroyed, if < -FEAa

-Gain more points as you level up, giving you more control over more pieces. Maximum of ?.

Statistics:
Attack~ Amount of damage given per siege/battle.
Defense~ Amount of damage a unit can take before dying.
Movement~ Amount of spaces a figure can move. Flying/Climb applicable.
Fear~ Amount of fear generated. If Fear overcomes Defense of opponent, damage increased in battle.
Value~ Amount of essence used to create at the beginning of the game. Varying, and relative to strategy.

Some story notes:
-heroine finds herself in deep labrynth and has to travel through a series of puzzles/thousand doors to find her way out. i.e. cave screens. The game will have a lot of adventure elements to it, (puzzles, climbing/swinging/lara croft'ing.)
-lore throughout world she steps into (credits upon entering bright light etc.) suggests that when you die you go through these series of doors to determine who you will be in the next life. The most prized of a small tribe is a red lion, for its regal nature.
-throughout the various areas there will be access to the thousand doors, being the primary mode of travel in game. The major plot will be to discover why the heroine lost her voice, and her past.

What I am looking for:
-You don't need to be extremely artistic, but creative is a must.
-I would prefer someone with a strong math ability. (I lack that, so formulas take forever to map out for me.)
-Creative ability with general agreeable attitude. This would pass back and forth when one of us is too busy with life and be worked on at the same time when both of us are free. I genuinely expect the everyday or every other day conversations revolving around the game or ideas if possible. Keeping it alive is important in discussion.
-I have to like you, and trust you with my baby.
-If you have examples of your work, be sure to go ahead and show them. I would also greatly welcome ideas to co-exist and/or update my own right away, as that best gives me the opportunity to see if you and me are right for the project together. A confliction of vision would be the death of it.

Screenies: (that've both probably been seen already a thousand times.)

*I typo'd "Christ" but decided not to change it for lulz.
Hey man, good luck, but unfortunately I don't think you'll nab a partner here.

Most of the gang seems to have wandered off, and just about everyone has their own project to fiddle with.

I'm looking forward to Red Lion Roar having more than a vague introduction, though. Knock our socks off, chief.
I got really excited that someone had replied to the topic. You made me cry just now... :'(

I'm getting pretty desperate, here. Hey, if any of you guys knows of somebody outside of the community that might not have read this, but might be interested, please advertise the offer for me? Or just link here or something. I'd really appreciate that.
What, you think we have friends? ;)

I'll check back after the 18th, when I hope to have Hellion done.
I'd help but I don't know you. Sorry. sort of sad really
post=124816
I'd help but I don't know you. Sorry. sort of sad really
dude this post is 3 years old.

oh, and I finished hellion now so i can do this.
Pages: 1