[RM2K3] BETTER NOW THAN NEVER!

Pages: 1
Hi all! I go by Okonomiyaki-Chan, feel free to shorten that as you see fit! I happened upon this site yesterday and, after exploring for a bit, decided to add RPG Maker 2003 to my wishlist on Steam. Less than an hour after I did that, I got an email telling me that it is on sale! I went ahead and snagged it and now here I am.

I have very little experience with RPG Maker and game development in general outside of tinkering with Unity back in high school and RPG Maker XP back when it was still pretty new. I have, however, always wanted to find a way to get my game ideas out there for people to (hopefully) enjoy, and that is where RPG Maker comes into play. I'm not very keen on programming and art beyond pixel art tends to complicate things for me. So it seems that RM2K3 really fits what I want: SFC-era JRPG goodness while being able to focus on writing, the thing I love the most in games.

I haven't played too many JRPGs, truth be told. I enjoy them wholeheartedly, but I only recently got into the genre as a whole. I played through Persona 3 and 5 and Chrono Trigger about a year ago, and I am most of the way through Final Fantasy XV. I am working through Final Fantasy VII right now, and it has been leagues ahead of XV so far for me. Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 are also enjoyable; same goes for Final Fantasy XI and XIV, though I don't think any of those MMOs count. Recommendations are always welcome!

Anyways, I'm here and I'm ready to make some games! I hope we all get along and I can't wait to get to know you!
Welcome. Always good to see an rm2k3 user. Hope you have fun here.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN! ^.^
Thank you both for the warm welcome!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Welcome to RMN Okonomiyaki-Chan! I hope you can enoy your time here and that you can better your gam mak skills. Have fun!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Welcome to the arr Emm ennnnn!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
Pages: 1