[RMVX ACE] A DOG SCENT TRAIL?

Pages: 1
I want to create a toggleable dog scent trail, kind of like in The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Basically, when you are a dog a glowing trail appears guiding you to your current target. But when you're a human there is no trail.

The best I got is making a looping animation that plays itself on a series of events tiles when in dog form.

Was wondering if there was a script or something instead. I've been searching for over an hour, and maybe I'm just shitty at wording things but I can't find one.
The best I got is making a looping animation that plays itself on a series of events tiles when in dog form.

If those tiles lead to where you're following your nose to, I think you've accomplished your goal already! I mean, what I was going to advise wasn't even that fancy, it was just lighting up some events with a graphic when you're a dog and they're leading to where you want to go (which requires only the coordinated use of two switches, dog switch and different switches for "objective x", objective y, objective z" and and maybe have the tiles disappear when you move over them via self-switch (or regular switches if you want to be able to reappear them later easily for whatever reason). That works perfectly well as a trail of breadcrumbs. JustAShyDoge taught me something similar with the waypoints he made for the second half of WYWY, but those were for the world map.

In any case: this does not seem like a system that really requires a script (although I wouldn't bet against there being a script for it out there, I don't know of one).

My dog spends a lot of his time leading me whilst sniffing the ground but has never lead me to a quest objective or a treasure (that I wanted; dogs have very different ideas about what constitutes "treasure" and your game should totally have at least one of these scent trails lead to like a gnawed on bone from an unidentifiable animal or a pile of reeking garbage, because that my friend is what dogs are really after).
If you're happy to do it with eventing, event pages and a switch work (that's how I made the dog's scent work in "The path we travelled")

With this in a common parallel event:

◆If:Button [Pageup] is pressed down
◆If:quest: dog sense active is ON
◆Exit Event Processing

:End
◆Tint Screen:(68,0,-34,34), 30 frames (Wait)
◆Control Switches:#0014 quest: dog sense active = ON
◆Exit Event Processing

◆If:quest: dog sense active is OFF
◆Exit Event Processing

◆Control Switches:#0014 quest: dog sense active = OFF
◆Tint Screen:(0,0,0,0), 30 frames (Wait)
And using switch 14 to select event pages on map events
Alright then eventing will have to do, thanks for your guys' input!
Pages: 1