[RM2K3] RECOMPILING RPGSS DYNRPG PLUGIN CODEBLOCKS ERROR

Pages: 1
I don't know what I'm talking about, but you've got two ) brackets with no ( brackets to open them on line 284, don't you?
Also, sometimes C++ is similar to suggested pain (you know where you're actually having a stroke/heart attack but you feel arm or leg pain). The line they reference isn't always accurate that is.

For instance, a few lines up, you have void, then a new line, and an argument with no parentheses. That's not how most functions I know of start. Line 279 and 280. It might be doable, but I've never seen this sorta thing before. Am I missing something here?

Also, the semicolon is usually outside not in the parentheses. This looks like sloppy coding. When a statement doesn't end (what sometimes happens with ; inside parentheses) it will sometimes screw with definition, why burst 2 is not defined in scope. When the function itself is not well defined (the void then the space before sorta kinda having a function), pretty much everything falls apart.

Python is an easy language. But C++ demands proper procedure.

Erase all of line 284, it's complete gibberish.

Something like this was probably intended:

intptr_t burst1 = ((intptr_t)pixels) % 16) / 4;

static_cast means "these types are related, but not the same". Such int and float, or a class that inherits from the other. reinterpret_cast is more complicated.

Casting down to int will end in tears as well. That's what inptr_t is for.
Ah it's all sorted now, thanks everyone :) Was a bit of a nightmare to get working but i've compiled & released the updated plugin HERE if anyone wants to use it with the OpenGL plugin in their DynRPG project. The original one is MIT licensed so no permissions are needed for editing any of the included source code :)
Pages: 1