16%
Kylaila's RMNmania
1%
Hazelsoft's RMNman
0%
Dudesoft's Gammak
24%

Pages: first 1234 next last
The RMN Mascot event is over and we now have some pretty awesome designs to sift through in order to find the winner of the event!

Who's mascot will become RMN's? Well, that's up to you guys! Here are the choices!

Frogge's Mascot

visitorfromdreams' Slime Knight the COOL Knight Slime

kory_toombs' Mascot

Delsin7's Mascot-chan

Illy's Makersquire

Roden's Tskuri

NeverSilent's RMN-chan

oddRABBIT's Remne

halibabica's Lady Aremen

Hunibear's Aremen-chan

Coelocanth's Mascot

riderx40's Mascot

Dyluck's Mascot

Euritimia's Mascot

dwart's Mascot

Testament's ReMiNa

Kylaila's RMNmania

Hazelsoft's RMNman

Dudesoft's Gammak
It's odd because when I think of a mascot I think of a humanized version... So while dudesoft and Ky's is quite amazing, I don't really think it'd fit as a mascot. But I don't know, it's just my opinion.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm looking forward to see who the winner is.

I get reminded once more that Muffle has more makerscore than I do...
Oh man, this is a hard choice. >.> Ended up picking a few and then rolling d100.
Well I can't vote for myself so... I very like Hunibear's.
but I think many of the entry can't really fit the gijinka/anthropomorfized/humanization definition that the event requested.
dwart's is my #1, with halibabica's a close second.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Muffle
It's odd because when I think of a mascot I think of a humanized version... So while dudesoft and Ky's is quite amazing, I don't really think it'd fit as a mascot. But I don't know, it's just my opinion.
I actually think of the opposite for mascots. Non-human the better.
Wow, there a lot of good works!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Shinan
dwart's is my #1, with halibabica's a close second.

Second place is just first loser Yeah, dwart's is pretty nifty. Lots of sharp edges.

from Testament
I think many of the entry can't really fit the gijinka/anthropomorfized/humanization definition that the event requested.

That's kind of how I feel too, but it's nice to have the variety anyway.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I ended up voting for dudesoft's because all in all, it's the design that feels the more "mascotty". I personally would have loved halibabica's entry to be the winner because it's a really neat design, but the fact that it necessarily requires a large resolution for the details to be recognized is ultimately what makes it non functional. I'll confess I'm a bit relieved that people reconsidered the slime knight, it looks uncomfortably similar to bloo from that foster's house for imaginary friends show.

I wanted to make a turtle character with the rmn logo as it's shell but I had too much difficulty getting it right and got frustrated and did nothing. I regret that.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Mirak
I personally would have loved halibabica's entry to be the winner because it's a really neat design, but the fact that it necessarily requires a large resolution for the details to be recognized is ultimately what makes it non functional.
She doesn't squash that badly.

And that was just in freakin' MS Paint. I still have my Photoshop copy, after all.
author=InfectionFiles
author=Muffle
I actually think of the opposite for mascots. Non-human the better.

I guess if you're talking about sport mascots, but the event said like tidepod and earth-chan, which are drawn as human characters. I guess that's why it's weird to see the other mascots cuz I was thinking of that.
I think part of it is the original prompt was for a gijinka and now we're voting on a mascot
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I don't feel right spurring an argument, but to clarify my approach:
Gijinka - an anthromorphic representation of a thing, usually taking the form of a cute or badass character design that represents said thing in various ways. Usually using colours, shapes and designs already inherent in the design of the thing. It's Japanese, of course, because of course it is.

It doesn't necessarily say it has to be human, so I thought about what a RPGMaker mascot could be the idea of an alien terraformer sprang to mind. There's a backstory for Gammak that didn't feel appropriate to post before, nor here. Hopefully, that is acceptable!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Can we just recolor Gritty and like give it some cool shades so it's an Original Character Do Not Steal? I feel like that would be the best option.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Yeah, this would have been better as just a mascot thing instead of the gijinka thang. Or rather, this should have been just a gijinka thing of RMN and not for the mascot.

Cool idea, I just like the non-humans more than the human types.
author=psy_wombats
I think part of it is the original prompt was for a gijinka and now we're voting on a mascot
That's what I get for only reading the topic title as usual! I didn't even know this was supposed to be some anime shit.
Does it really matter? Everything abides by the rules that were laid down in the topic itself so it's not like anything was wrong. Mascot/gijinka - as long as it represents RMN, that was what mattered. I pretty much figured most people wouldn't know what the hell a gijinka really was anyway, so leeway is given. Thus why my description wasn't "It must be RMN as a human being" or the like.

We're all one under the nerdling sun.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Google Dictionary
mas·cot
/masˌkät,ˈmasˌkət/

noun
noun: mascot; plural noun: mascots
a person or thing that is supposed to bring good luck or that is used to symbolize a particular event or organization.

"the squadron's mascot was a young lion cub"

Origin

late 19th century: from French mascotte, from modern Provençal mascotto, feminine diminutive of masco ‘witch.’

Why is this a debate?
Pages: first 1234 next last