SOURCE OF THIS MIDI? [BATTLE BGM USED IN HANZO KIMURA PROJECT]

Pages: 1
BGM - Battle - Default01

Years ago, I heard this BGM/MIDI in a Hanzo Kimura project trailer. I liked the music and somehow came across the MIDI for it around the time I'd heard it in the trailer. But I actually can't even find the trailer now. I think his channel no longer exists.

I recently emailed Hanzo and he said the MIDI was originally from a website that had a bunch of free resources for RPG type projects. He said he couldn't find the site when I asked him for the source, and given that he was called out for plagiarizing/stealing art assets, I wanted to double check this is actually the case that it's a free resource. Given it's a MIDI I do believe that it is a free resource, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm having someone create a soundtrack for my project and we bounced the idea around of having one of the songs in the game be a recreation/remix of an existing song made for RPG Maker (editor or resource.) I really like this composition, it's fantastic for a MIDI.
Don't host it on mediafire, bro. Put it in your Locker here or something.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sometimes, you can find info in a MIDI's properties. There is a copyright but, the characters that follow, at least on my system, are probably some kind of foreign-language characters (Japanese?) that my system isn't reading properly. Same thing with the description of Track 0.

*Edit: I'm not saying with any amount of certainty that the information you're looking for is here, somewhere, buried in UTF format (or whatever it's called). However, I don't recognize it from anywhere. However, for what it's worth, it kinda sounds like it's from a Megaman game, or something like Super Robot Wars?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
If I were you I'd err on the side of caution and choose not to go through with the remixing plan. If a resource is too obscure to be found info on, it's better to assume it is not free to use than to assume it is.
Yeah the copyright holder is "いね" which is ungoogleable.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=psy_wombats
Yeah the copyright holder is "いね" which is ungoogleable.

Google translate makes that out as... "rice"?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
yup that's simply "rice" apparently
I could google it using related words in kanji: http://greentone.ina-ka.com/midi.html
It's Track 26.

On the About page, it says that you can use the music in game projects and that giving credit to the composer Nakamura Ine (中村イネ) and to the website is appreciated.

I can't see anything about using the music for commercial projects though, so I think it would be safer to use it only in free games.
There are no words about remixing the tracks either. In my opinion, it's fine to compose original music that is inspired by other composers' works as long as you don't plagiarize them.
Thanks for the help, everyone. Good thing I asked about this.

author=Avee
In my opinion, it's fine to compose original music that is inspired by other composers' works as long as you don't plagiarize them.

Yeah, I'm of the same mindset. Some of my favourite video game BGM's were very inspired by already existing works.
author=Rice
◆ About the use of music materials
Music material released on this site is basically free.
You are free to use it when used in your own work etc.
It is appreciated if you can express such as the name of this site in the work.

I took a look myself, and this sounds like he meant it's good for any kind of work as long as you give credit.
Pages: 1