[RMVX ACE] TSUKIHIME'S SCRIPTS

Pages: 1
On himeworks.com the links for the scripts (the ones I'm looking for are primarily Magic Units, Draw, and Magic Junction but I assume they're all like this) seem to lead to RPGMakerWeb threads which lead to dead Dropbox.

Did anyone save these and back them up as was done for Yanfly? This is an enormous treasure trove of scripts and it would be really a shame to lose all of them.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Most of his links still work. Yes, there are a few like you say and he doesn't seem to have a pastebin. Question: what are you trying to accomplish? Is it a Junction system like FFVIII? Because if that's the case, the Crystal Engine is really a better set of scripts for that. Although, you may not be making a Final Fantasy fangame and don't want a script that does EXACTLY what FFVIII's junction system does.

I'm not sure where to find Tsukihime's missing scripts. Most of his good ones are still available, though.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Apparently, there was a thread on RMW where somebody was looking for Magic Units and Draw Magic. I dunno about Magic Junction, but, a user there PMed the scripts to the OP. Which probably doesn't help? If they are archived, the results were not in my Google search.

RMW thread.
You could try asking him on Twitter directly: @HimeWorks.

He hasn't posted anything for a few months though, so it's anyone's guess as to whether he's still active.
author=pianotm
Most of his links still work. Yes, there are a few like you say and he doesn't seem to have a pastebin. Question: what are you trying to accomplish? Is it a Junction system like FFVIII? Because if that's the case, the Crystal Engine is really a better set of scripts for that. Although, you may not be making a Final Fantasy fangame and don't want a script that does EXACTLY what FFVIII's junction system does.

I'm not sure where to find Tsukihime's missing scripts. Most of his good ones are still available, though.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to accomplish, I'm sort of in the idly messing with mechanics stage on this probably-not-even-can-call-it-a-project, but I found the Crystal Engine and it had the same problem, dead links. : (

pianotm, can you point me towards live links for the Crystal Engine?

I did notice after making the OP that many of hime's scripts are still hosted. Just not the one I wanted. But I'm pretty sure it's not JUST the ones I wanted that are down (the universe doesn't hate me THAT much lol). There are dead links scattered throughout the site.

If anyone has either the Crystal Engine scripts or those hime scripts I mentioned (Magic Units, Draw Magic, Junction Magic), I'd be super grateful if you'd PM them to me, or even better, put them up on pastebin for public consumption. +1200 Crow Points, either way. While I'm at it, Victor Sant's FF7 Materia script is one I've been looking for (as the Materia system is and always has been my favorite JRPG mechanic for character advancement) and also lead to a dead link. +2100 Crow Points for that one. Yes I just made up Crow Points. No it does not make them any less valuable. because what is less than nothing.

(Incidentally, FFVIII aside, Magic Units on its own seems like potentially a really cool way of doing a more Dungeons & Dragons style magic system. I'd know more if I could actually get the script.)

I have some Fomar0153 scripts and scripts by others that I might be able to cludge together into something FF8-ish in the meantime. Incidentally, Fomar's script blog is freaking great; the articles that explain some of the underlying principles in scripting in terms even I can understand are the best part. If I could review it on RMN I'd give it 5 Stars. (I am aware he might not have updated it in like 5 years.)
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay. Crystal Engine links are dead, but the One Drive the scripts are stored on isn't. If you download the main guardian force script, you can scroll through (there are two buttons on the top right of the screen showing you that there are 35 pages.) to page 12, that will be the GF Junction script.

Linked right here.

So that looks like the only dead GF script link, and I have just given you the solution to find that...What else specifically were you trying to download that seems to be dead?
no, i think i'm all good now. thanks man! if this actually turns into a thing of some kind you're more'n entitled to take a peek at it if you want.

EDIT: hmm I think I'm missing the Crystal Engine - Basic Module script which enables everything else.

EDIT EDIT: nvm, I found it, it's on another onedrive, I just had to temporarily disable my vpn and pilot my computer through sketchtown to get there.
author=StormCrow
(Incidentally, FFVIII aside, Magic Units on its own seems like potentially a really cool way of doing a more Dungeons & Dragons style magic system. I'd know more if I could actually get the script.)

I have some Fomar0153 scripts and scripts by others that I might be able to cludge together into something FF8-ish in the meantime. Incidentally, Fomar's script blog is freaking great; the articles that explain some of the underlying principles in scripting in terms even I can understand are the best part. If I could review it on RMN I'd give it 5 Stars. (I am aware he might not have updated it in like 5 years.)

I never released it because I never finished all the systems but I was working on a D&D system once (for a contest a few years ago), I finished the MP system where you could specify spell levels and have MP split into different levels of MP. If that's what you're after I could try and find it.

I could probably copy my tutorials over here if that's something people would be interested in.
Pages: 1