[RMVX ACE] TELEPORT MENU?

Pages: 1
I'm having A TON of trouble getting a decent teleport menu to work. It's supposed to list off all the areas that you can teleport to upon using a specific item on the world map, with more areas being added as you reach them. However, all the scripts I've looked at so far are WAY to complex for me to set up properly.

Unless someone can point me towards one that not only works, but it easy to set up and utilize properly, or help me get one set up correctly, I may have to drop the teleporting gimmick altogether, which would be soul-crushing.
If you want something vaguely easy, I'd suggest eventing it on a fresh map with the player replaced with a cursor and the teleport points placed on there as events which appear dependent on the switches and/or variables of your choice. Just make absolute sure that you save the player's location before shunting them off to the teleport map and always give them a way to return to that spot, with the correct sprite.

It may not be a list, but it's a decent and robust option for a dynamic amount of teleport points.

EDIT: Remember to set up the item to activate a common event
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'll be that guy, and suggest you look at this little ditty that eventually became part of A Half-n-Half Affair.

The included TXT file gives some instructions as to how to set up teleports with that script, but, let me know if you have questions, or experience something funky.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
To add to Marrend's post, I had to learn to use his teleport script for A Half-n-Half affair and now I know how it works so if you have trouble with it I can also help explain if you need.
Pages: 1