STOLEN RMN GAMES ON STEAM

Pages: first prev 123 last
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, the fact that they know the person stole a game, and most of the other games have users posting stuff like WARNING: STOLEN GAME, and they are still allowed to conduct business on Steam is total crap.

This may not be as bad as something labeled as a game containing a dangerous virus, but to itch.io's credit, they cracked down on that ASAP and took it very seriously.
author=unity
Yeah, the fact that they know the person stole a game, and most of the other games have users posting stuff like WARNING: STOLEN GAME, and they are still allowed to conduct business on Steam is total crap.

Agreed. The entire fucked up situation seriously makes me want to stab a bitch.
The most that can be done is for you to let Sentinels of the Store know about things. There's a few members there dedicated to researching stolen games and other shady Steam store practices who might help.

The information is bundled up and Mellow Online has a few connections to media outlets through which stories can get published. Would be nice if Valve did anything about these stolen games in the first place though.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I have to thank people for letting me know that Island Sky was there, I didn't even know until I was alerted. But it's strange that they'll take down one game, go "OUR WORK HERE IS DONE" and not do anything about the one who uploaded it in the first place. Like "they stole this one game but I'm sure all the other 30 are legit".
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Ocean
But it's strange that they'll take down one game, go "OUR WORK HERE IS DONE" and not do anything about the one who uploaded it in the first place. Like "they stole this one game but I'm sure all the other 30 are legit".

Lmao this is perfect
They've disabled trading cards and achievements for new games understanding there's a cottage industry around selling "game shaped objects" just to abuse the system, so its not like they don't know what's going on. Its so weird how unwilling Valve is to do something about stuff like this, even if its something they can be held liable for.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Wait, so like, they completely removed trading cards and achievements for anything new? I mean yeah I know the system is commonly abused, but what about the games that are legit? I mean, trading cards isn't a HUGE loss, but achievements? The FUCK, valve?
Achievements were starting to get abused too. If you're wondering how, well:

New games now have to pass an algorithmic filter and then trading cards and achievements will become enabled for that developer to add.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Achievements don't do anything.

Trading cards, yes, there's been a huge crack down on that. So much abuse.
I can't even put trading cards on my games yet.
I'm wondering if I'll get that ability soon or not, LVN Fake News has past the special $1000USD mark, so I'm hopeful. At least I should get a scheduled refund for my Steam Direct fee for that game.
Don't really know what to say, other than that this is a pretty fucking disgusting situation all around :/ people'll just do anything for money, huh.
AGAIN? ...Ugh, not even surprised this time.

I hope karma gets him. Preferably with some kind of virus that wrecks every single computer he ever buys for the next 10 years.

author=Ocean
I have to thank people for letting me know that Island Sky was there, I didn't even know until I was alerted. But it's strange that they'll take down one game, go "OUR WORK HERE IS DONE" and not do anything about the one who uploaded it in the first place. Like "they stole this one game but I'm sure all the other 30 are legit".

Ain't Valve the best? /s

As much as I don't want to have multiple launchers for my games, I'm at the point where I'm rooting for the Epic Store and Discord's game thing because Valve is just refusing to give half an ounce of a damn about their platform.
Pages: first prev 123 last