[RM2K3] RPG MAKER MANIACS PATCH (FOR OFFICIAL VERSION)

So this is pretty cool but can someone explain how the "control var array" command works? It's a bit confusing.

Also I can't find the ini file the readme mentions to change the editor looks.

Thanks
Hey, so I recently came across this as the developers of RPG Maker 2003 on Steam clearly show no interest in keeping regular updated patches and make up an excuse when a person requests a feature that may be good for it.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a link to an actual blog or website in which BingShan actually keeps everything up to date and showcases what features are implemented and usable on the engine itself?
author=Seraphic
Hey, so I recently came across this as the developers of RPG Maker 2003 on Steam clearly show no interest in keeping regular updated patches and make up an excuse when a person requests a feature that may be good for it.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a link to an actual blog or website in which BingShan actually keeps everything up to date and showcases what features are implemented and usable on the engine itself?

This might be what you're looking for, unless someone corrects me:
https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/

author=LordBlueRouge
This might be what you're looking for, unless someone corrects me: https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/

Thanks, I think it would be the closest we will get to it. I honestly think the developer could use someone with English know how because this is probably the best patch out there for RM2K3 for Steam and it needs to be bought to light how awesome it is.

For now, i'm waiting on a larger CharSet and BattleCharSet patch to use with RM2K3, not sure if he will include that in this at some point. I like the other engines and all but I always felt this one was more faithful to the classic RPG games and had that retro look throughout while the new ones just seem a little off to me for some reason.
author=Seraphic

Rm2k3 source code no longer exists and KADOKAWA does't want to support it as it's meant to be a collection for the fans. So hacky fan patches are your best bet. I think we mentioned this multiple times so I'm not sure why you're calling us out on this.
Btw may I point out that the only "RM2k3 developer" is me nowadays and I'm not employed or anything, I worked temporarily as external contractor and still the majority of the work put into the Steam releases and updates was either at a ridiculously low rate or entirely unpaid, because I wanted to make this a reality. Due to the issue with the lost source code, the only way to get anywhere was binary patching, and there is only a handful people in the world who can do it efficiently (based on previous reverse engineering work on RM2k3). That's why for example Archeia or any other developer at Degica's disposal couldn't simply take over that part. There is no economically feasible way to maintain this software. Yet, I still think that the official English release was a big achievement because the community has asked for that for years and there is finally a way to legally use this software outside Japan and sell the games made with it.

And I know that I'm notorious for moving my focus elsewhere for months or years at a time and then randomly coming back to comment on something, people who know me know that it was always like that. But again all the RM stuff is just a (very time-consuming) hobby in my free time, and I don't have enough time for that anymore, most of time at least. (10 years ago when I put out patches on a weekly basis, I was in school and had nothing to do in the afternoons...)
author=2handler666
Could you apply this to the non-Steam RPG Maker 2003?

I'm interested to know if it works with the stand alone version too? I despise Steam and only bought the non-Steam version.
Just to clarify this, there is no difference between the Steam version and RMW or any other official version. People just call the official English release (version number 1.10 or higher) the "steam version" because that's how it was launched initially (to differentiate from the unofficial, "fan-translated" versions with version number 1.09a or lower).

Previous versions had differences in DRM but the current version is identical on all sale platforms.

Correction: The RMW version has DRM, the Steam version does not. So yes, there is a difference, but it's not the Steam version that's special, it's the RMW version that's special. The Humble Bundle version is DRM-free as well, just like the Steam version. So one can say, the patch won't work with the RMW version, but if you got official RM2k3 from any other sale channel, it should work.
Maniacs patch expect find steam last version with a CRC exactly. I had problems when I tried to use maniacs for first time, after open steam, the program was updated and I could patch or generate the maniacs version (The old with blend)
I'm really interested with this patch for RPGM2K3, but I need to ask you if it supports OGG audio, so we can finally loop the music like in actual versions of RPGM.

I would like that to be a reality, since the only way to loop audio in the official Steam release is with MIDI audio (Harmony and DisHarmony patches don't work anymore).
author=Oscar92player
I'm really interested with this patch for RPGM2K3, but I need to ask you if it supports OGG audio, so we can finally loop the music like in actual versions of RPGM.

I would like that to be a reality, since the only way to loop audio in the official Steam release is with MIDI audio (Harmony and DisHarmony patches don't work anymore).

Yes! supports .OGG files
author=kaine87
author=Oscar92player

Yes! supports .OGG files

Hey, thanks for the quick answer! I've already tested it, and I have to say that this patch is amazing. Now I can use high-quality music with RPGM2K3 without worries about the loop points or the MIDI and MP3 audio.
New update, he made a website,
btw know the new features it's difficult, maybe using google translator.
https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying this patch to the Steam version I have. I've been looking for something to patch the official version for a while now and just noticed this.

Has anyone ran into any problems running this patch on the Steam version?
Not really,
only the first version had issues
making the events runs without process something exactly at time.
The last version even can make auto backups of projects.
The editor of steam isn't modified. Utility.exe makes a copy
that it's the maniac editor, leaving the steam version untouched.
Make a backup of your game, needs to be changed too.
Btw I think that only need rpg_rt
from the maniacs sample project it's requiref, I'm not sure.

I still use the first version that had blending pictures. (I don't wanna make use of features unsupported by easyrpg)
Now it's better use the last maniacs with more features, if you don't go to use the easyrpg player later.
Shame it locks you out of using Easyrpg later on. Perhaps I'll stick with the version I'm on for now. Still really cool that someone decided to do some work on these new versions.
author=Prinnyhero
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying this patch to the Steam version I have. I've been looking for something to patch the official version for a while now and just noticed this.

Has anyone ran into any problems running this patch on the Steam version?

I applied the last patch on steam version, no problems at all.

author=Prinnyhero
Shame it locks you out of using Easyrpg later on. Perhaps I'll stick with the version I'm on for now. Still really cool that someone decided to do some work on these new versions.

There're open issues about the compatibility of this patches on easyrpg github, but because the creator of this patch is very active and he/she is releasing updates very often, they prefer to wait until this patch get more mature or finished, so be patient.
Thanks for the info. I'd really love to have a patch for the Steam version at some point cuz this looks sweet.

Does anyone know if this patch let's you get rid of the dang 'Row' command? Cuz that would be swell..
author=Prinnyhero
Thanks for the info. I'd really love to have a patch for the Steam version at some point cuz this looks sweet.

Does anyone know if this patch let's you get rid of the dang 'Row' command? Cuz that would be swell..

There's a patch to remove Row, from unofficial rpgmaker2003.
But for steam rpgmaker2003, you don't need a patch - I can't remember how to do it at the moment tho, I apologize!

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in. If not, I'll see If I can dig around.
It's like one of those things, like removing the titlescreen in rpgmaker2003 - it's easy to do, but difficult to remember.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LordBlueRouge
There's a patch to remove Row, from unofficial rpgmaker2003.
But for steam rpgmaker2003, you don't need a patch - I can't remember how to do it at the moment tho, I apologize!

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in. If not, I'll see If I can dig around.
It's like one of those things, like removing the titlescreen in rpgmaker2003 - it's easy to do, but difficult to remember.

I've got the Steam version, and it's hardcoded. I can't remove it on my battle screen in the database.

As for the Maniacs patch, I can't download it. I've been trying for three days now. I've tried joining the site. Had to put in a fake zip code. Any password I use, it doesn't remember or something so I haven't been able to sign in. It wants me to accept the terms of service but there's absolutely no way to do that and refuses to let me download.