[RM2K3] RPG MAKER MANIACS PATCH (FOR OFFICIAL VERSION)

author=pianotm
As for the Maniacs patch, I can't download it. I've been trying for three days now. I've tried joining the site. Had to put in a fake zip code. Any password I use, it doesn't remember or something so I haven't been able to sign in. It wants me to accept the terms of service but there's absolutely no way to do that and refuses to let me download.

You don't need to register and you definitely don't need to provide an address.

Just go here:
https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/

Then scroll down until you see a link with the text: "patch_maniacs_191021(uploader.jp)"

Click it, and then click this button:

That'll download the latest version of the patch. It's an AutoHotKey file so you'll need to download that to actually run it. Apparently Windows Defender didn't like the .exe file, or something?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
That's the page, I can't get past. That one exactly. Clicking that button just keeps reloading the page. Is this something this AutoHotKey will fix?
I don't think AutoHotKey would help. I just clicked the button, waited a few seconds and the download prompt came up.

Maybe it's something wrong with your browser?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'm using Chrome. Firefox downloaded it, though. Thanks! I should think of that more often.
author=Prinnyhero
Thanks for the info. I'd really love to have a patch for the Steam version at some point cuz this looks sweet.

Does anyone know if this patch let's you get rid of the dang 'Row' command? Cuz that would be swell..

One of the last releases add exactly that feature

Arghh! Now i really need this patch. Accidently pressing that row command in battle is absolutely infuriating.

That’s a lot of extra options on that fourth page of the event commands.
author=Prinnyhero
Arghh! Now i really need this patch. Accidently pressing that row command in battle is absolutely infuriating.

Hi PrinnyHero,

If you're still looking for the "no row command" patch. Try this one:
https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/6376/locker/RPG_RTnorow.exe

This one is for the steam version, I can't remember where I got it, or how it was made, I think it was from working on another project. Either way, let me know if this worked. Make sure to create a backup copy of your original RPG_RT.exe though, just for precautions sake.

EDIT: it's not the patch itself, it's just an RPG_RT.exe file with the row command removed, that you can use for rpgmaker2003 games.
author=LordBlueRouge
author=Prinnyhero

Hi PrinnyHero,

If you're still looking for the "no row command" patch. Try this one:
https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/6376/locker/RPG_RTnorow.exe

This one is for the steam version, I can't remember where I got it, or how it was made, I think it was from working on another project. Either way, let me know if this worked. Make sure to create a backup copy of your original RPG_RT.exe though, just for precautions sake.

EDIT: it's not the patch itself, it's just an RPG_RT.exe file with the row command removed, that you can use for rpgmaker2003 games.

You are literally my hero right now. This is great! Worked like a charm. I owe you one, thank you.
I remember made my own no-row rpg_rt.exe for steam version.
Basically,
you have standard rpg_rt and rpg_rt with no row.
With Windhex use compare files to know the changes.
Copy some bytes of the file before on a txt
With Windhex use search hex (bytes from txt) and make the changes like the old no-row rpg_rt.
Sounds weird but it's only know the values that changed.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Awesome patch. It still isn't DynRPG, but looks neat. Wish it came with English instructions though.

@Cherry: Could you at least port Audieremony when you have some free time to the 1.12a? Really wish more audio formats were supported since even MP3 is dated now.

//edit: Any way of contacting Bingshan? I want to try and convince him to publish patch notes and readme in English (and if he doesn't speak English, ask someone who knows both English and Japanese to translate).
author=Rave
Awesome patch. It still isn't DynRPG, but looks neat. Wish it came with English instructions though.

@Cherry: Could you at least port Audieremony when you have some free time to the 1.12a? Really wish more audio formats were supported since even MP3 is dated now.

//edit: Any way of contacting Bingshan? I want to try and convince him to publish patch notes and readme in English (and if he doesn't speak English, ask someone who knows both English and Japanese to translate).
twitter: https://twitter.com/BingShan1024 or here for request and bug report: http://steam2003maniacs.bbs.fc2.com/

Anyway I don't have problems with google translate from japanese to english, but with japanese to Italian. >_<"
Rave
Yeah, already contacted him on twitter.
Hm, I would expect Force Harmony (to enable things such as Audieremony) to work on 1.12a as well, actually, did you try it?
Rave
Maybe it would work on vanilla, but I don't want it to break the patch.
Rave
Bump, because it looks like there's a new version of the patch (200128). No idea what has been changed. https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/
For what I see a new utility to apply the patch and expressions in control variables.

Rave
Yeah, can someone explain how to work the expressions? Just noticed this as well and I just need it as I am writing my own turn-based battle system and having expressions would simplify coding very much (I plan using it in similar way you'd use battle formulas in newer makers).
Now I have a fresh copy of RPG 2003, how would I go about installing this? As I notice each release is either larger or smaller in size. Many thanks if anyone can give a quick guide? :)
author=Seraphic
Now I have a fresh copy of RPG 2003, how would I go about installing this? As I notice each release is either larger or smaller in size. Many thanks if anyone can give a quick guide? :)
https://bingshan1024.github.io/steam2003_maniacs/

Second link from here, the patch version is sorted from newest to oldest. After downloading, it's real easy to install as the installer is in English, and it creates a backup. Still backup your stuff yourself though, especially your projects (As the editor is easy to redownload from steam or degishop)

I have two questions and I don't want to bother BingShan, so I'd love if someone here could help me:

In the Get Battle Info command, I can't seem to be able to retrieve enemy States. It returns only the max number of states in the project, instead of a variable for each state. Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way in which to check for enemy states?
Edit: W0t.... now it worked as intended, somehow. So, the next fields get subbed for the enemy's individual state information (each variable, starting from V+1, will be 0 if the enemy isn't afflicted, and 1 if the enemy is) and that's the only way to check for an enemy's status. Kinda cumbersome, but it's really cool that we can do that now!

Also, what exactly does the Call Command function do? It... sounds suspiciously like a Script Call... Especially since it's a string field in there. If that were the case it would be absolutely MINDBLOWING.
author=JosephSeraph
Also, what exactly does the Call Command function do? It... sounds suspiciously like a Script Call... Especially since it's a string field in there. If that were the case it would be absolutely MINDBLOWING.

It seems like a rudamentary way to call other commands by pointer. For example, providing Constant "10110" and a string argument calls a message box with that text. Since commands like Show Message need a string value, you can input it there, but sadly, not point to it unless you use \n to call a hero name.

Google translates the description for this command as follows:
● Call Command

This command is for advanced users. Please use it after fully understanding the command specifications.

Invokes any command (with exceptions) with any argument.
Depending on the value, the behavior when a code that does not exist is either (
1) do not execute anything
or (2) execute one of the existing commands

- you can not use the command
"call of command"

and functions that does not command
"Setting the label"

- correctly does not work command
"Display options"
"processing of combat" ※ If only to branch
"processing shop" ※ If you want to branch only
" "Inn processing" * Only when branching
"Conditional branch"
"Conditional branch (in battle)"
"Repeat processing"
"Display text" * 2nd line and later
"Comment" * 2nd line and later

So it doesn't work with some of the commands. I'm also not sure how it would handle something like Change Faceset, where you would actually provide a link. Seems useful for very advanced scripts where you'd want to use pointers to control every aspect of an event call. But since Maniac patch adds a lot of pointer functionality anyways (e.g. about anything in Show Picture), I can' think of a really great use case right now.

You can get the command codes from the included "command_code.txt" that is in the download.

What I would really like is a way to store map or item names as a string. We can store and recall strings using hero names (Change Actor Name and \n), but having a way to call other strings would be really great. Case in point: I want to store the current map name as a hero name to display on every map. Right now, I need a giant conditional branch testing for the map id and setting the name manually. SOmething akin to the DynRPG patch that adds message codes like \i would be a game changer.

EDIT:
Here is a great example for "Call Command":
Imagine you want the values in the "Play BGM" to be controlled by variables. Through trial and error I've determined the values that would be needed for that.

This would play the file "test.mid" with 0 fade in, 50% volume, the lowest tempo and a centered balance. "Number arguments" points to the first variable that should be used for arguments, while "Number of numeric arguments" specifies how many variables in a row it should read. What is very interesting is that in this case, you can provide values that go above or below the usual bounds, e.g. a speed of 500%. Since the music track is given by string and not by numeric id, it can not be pointed to by a variable and sadly, the "string argument" field does not support commands like \n (or rather, not in this case, since \n does work for "Show Message"), so it cannot be pointed to by a hero name. This example could still be useful to control volume or balance on a global scale, though.