[RM2K3] RPG MAKER MANIACS PATCH (FOR OFFICIAL VERSION)

author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
Hello! I was reading through this and it seems like many were getting anti-virus pop ups. My anti-virus software went haywire when it downloaded. I just want to confirm that these are in fact false positives, and that by installing it will cause no danger/exploit to my PC.
If you are unsure you could try the 210809 version:
here
This has no warning for me :)

Sadly, it is still giving me warnings saying:

Heur.AdvML.B is high risk as a Heuristic Virus Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics

I guess I'm looking for some kind of confirmation if anyone else has gotten this issue before and that it is in fact nothing. I'm terrified that if I allow this, its going to cripple my machine.

I also checked the file online and got this from a scan
it's safe. been using that exact version for over a year at this point. It might've been flagged at one point, I don't remember, but it is safe.
author=redreddyred
author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
Hello! I was reading through this and it seems like many were getting anti-virus pop ups. My anti-virus software went haywire when it downloaded. I just want to confirm that these are in fact false positives, and that by installing it will cause no danger/exploit to my PC.
If you are unsure you could try the 210809 version:
here
This has no warning for me :)
Sadly, it is still giving me warnings saying:

Heur.AdvML.B is high risk as a Heuristic Virus Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics

I guess I'm looking for some kind of confirmation if anyone else has gotten this issue before and that it is in fact nothing. I'm terrified that if I allow this, its going to cripple my machine.

I also checked the file online and got this from a scan

They are only false positives
author=kaine87

You checked the 211010 version, I think the 210809 version didnt have the false positive
author=MarcL
author=kaine87
You checked the 211010 version, I think the 210809 version didnt have the false positive

yep! That and some betas from his discord too
author=kaine87
author=MarcL
author=kaine87
yep! That and some betas from his discord too

Alright, I'll bite the bullet and go for it. I pray this doesn't do anything to my machine.

*Edit* Hold on the guy who made this has a Discord? Where do I find it?
Two questions with this mod:

1) Are we able to implement 8 way directional movement?

2) Can we adjust the screen dimensions for 16:9? What I mean by that is, for example, when you run a test of RM2K3, and the viewable area is a box, like a 4:3 aspect ratio. Are we able to somehow adjust this, so it's not a standard box, but is more so 16:9 aspect ratio? The screen isn't stretched, it more so reveals the extra area from the camera.
author=redreddyred

In what way wasn't this possible on standard 2k3? I think with the right two key input processings it might work with the default 2k3?

author=redreddyred
2) Can we adjust the screen dimensions for 16:9? What I mean by that is, for example, when you run a test of RM2K3, and the viewable area is a box, like a 4:3 aspect ratio. Are we able to somehow adjust this, so it's not a standard box, but is more so 16:9 aspect ratio? The screen isn't stretched, it more so reveals the extra area from the camera.

Add this or multiple values of this to the rpg_rt.ini:

WinW=426
WinH=240

However with the default battle system the battle background is all messy that's why I wrote a feature request on the discord of bingshan asking for a function to switch between widescreen on map mode and default 4:3 in battle screen.
author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
In what way wasn't this possible on standard 2k3? I think with the right two key input processings it might work with the default 2k3?

author=redreddyred

Add this or multiple values of this to the rpg_rt.ini:

WinW=426
WinH=240

However with the default battle system the battle background is all messy that's why I wrote a feature request on the discord of bingshan asking for a function to switch between widescreen on map mode and default 4:3 in battle screen.

1) I suppose you could get it to work, but it was kind of clunky and I don't think you could get enemies to do walk 8 way could you?

2) I tired adding those values to the ini file, I then tried all window modes and full screen, it didn't do anything :(
Tried to install this mod, I keep getting this error message

Any help?
author=redreddyred
Any help?

was quite some time ago since I installed Maniacs Patch... You ran the utility.exe and selected your rpg 2003 folder (steam) and set your project path?
Maybe it helps if you right click on the utility.exe and run as an administrator?
author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
Any help?
was quite some time ago since I installed Maniacs Patch... You ran the utility.exe and selected your rpg 2003 folder (steam) and set your project path?
Maybe it helps if you right click on the utility.exe and run as an administrator?
Thanks I got it working!
I had a question about the Manicas mod for RM2K3.

I'm messing around with the new features added, and I see that the picture settings has a blend mode now. So I add a picture to the map, it shows up but the new feature of the blend mode doesn't work. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

The transparency works, but the blend modes don't do anything. They should be blending the picture to whatever is under it.
author=redreddyred
I'm messing around with the new features added, and I see that the picture settings has a blend mode now. So I add a picture to the map, it shows up but the new feature of the blend mode doesn't work. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?
The transparency works, but the blend modes don't do anything. They should be blending the picture to whatever is under it.

I'm only guessing here but from what I understand the maniac patch patches both, the rpg_rt.exe (the engine?) and the rpg2003.exe (the editor). So what I think is you patched the editor so that blend mode settings become available but maybe you didn't patch the rpg_rt.exe or copied a unpatched rpg_rt.exe over it so the engine no longer knows the commands the new editor throws at it. What you can do is check your version I think by right clicking on the rpg_rt.exe --> properities --> details and on mine it shows Version 1.1.2.1
author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
I'm only guessing here but from what I understand the maniac patch patches both, the rpg_rt.exe (the engine?) and the rpg2003.exe (the editor). So what I think is you patched the editor so that blend mode settings become available but maybe you didn't patch the rpg_rt.exe or copied a unpatched rpg_rt.exe over it so the engine no longer knows the commands the new editor throws at it. What you can do is check your version I think by right clicking on the rpg_rt.exe --> properities --> details and on mine it shows Version 1.1.2.1

Mine also shows this version 1.1.2.1. I know the editor is updated because it obviously shows the new commands, blend modes, options, etc..

So how do I go about updating the .exe? It obviously says 1.1.2.1 though.

I also keep getting "Copy Failure" when trying to apply the patch.
Might be some rights issue and it's hard to help with words... right click on the utility.exe and choose "run as administrator", if this doesnt work I uploaded the *.exe file from my computer: link (make this an exception, normally you shouldnt download *.exe files from strangers xD)
author=MarcL
Might be some rights issue and it's hard to help with words... right click on the utility.exe and choose "run as administrator", if this doesnt work I uploaded the *.exe file from my computer: link (make this an exception, normally you shouldnt download *.exe files from strangers xD)
It was not a permissions setting. I tried right-click run as admin and that did not work. Perhaps it is the way I am trying to install it?

It won't let me access your link. It's completely blocked by google.
author=redreddyred
author=MarcL
It was not a permissions setting. I tried right-click run as admin and that did not work. Perhaps it is the way I am trying to install it?

yeah seems like google wont allow the file. Maybe create another project and run utility.exe again, select the new project, patch it again, copy over the rpg_rt.exe and ultimate_rt_eb.dll. Double check the blending settings in the show picture command under effect (which mode was activated, multiplay, ...) Sorry no other idea :(
author=MarcL
author=redreddyred
author=MarcL

yeah seems like google wont allow the file. Maybe create another project and run utility.exe again, select the new project, patch it again, copy over the rpg_rt.exe and ultimate_rt_eb.dll. Double check the blending settings in the show picture command under effect (which mode was activated, multiplay, ...) Sorry no other idea :(
Okay thank you. I will try this again and post back here some time soon and let you know the results.
Is there any plan to fix the stuttery scrolling via Maniacs? I ran some tests:
EasyRPG: Always buttery smooth, but not 100% compatible with Maniacs games
Vanilla Steam: Stuttery but at full screen buttery smooth (I believe the interpolation setting for GDI makes it smooth at full screen)
Maniacs: Always stuttery, almost like the interpolation setting is broken?
Everything running at 60fps.