HERE'S THE OLDEST SCREENSHOT OF RMN I HAVE

Pages: first 12 next last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry

Taken on 2/20/2006 by the lord and savior Holbert. I think this was still during the time of us trying to figure out what on earth we were doing.

I can even still remember working on some of the CSS.
even the firefox ui looks like netscape
Sit your kids down and tell them about life before tabbed browsing.
Find: pizza pie
I remember have SO many windows open.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I guess I like the current look better.

author=Sgt M
Sit your kids down and tell them about life before tabbed browsing.

These were simpler times of not being overwhelmed by tabs and data in general.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You know there's a program that can take you back in time n the internet?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=kory_toombs
You know there's a program that can take you back in time n the internet?

Only works if it was public and able to be crawled.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
So Pom was in the Spotlight, What's Buzzing, RMN TV, New and Notable, and Buzzing Games
author=Illy
Find: pizza pie

Back then, you couldn't even order Dominos online. Ain't no way you were gonna find pizza pie.

I came in around when Hellion was big.

And that game with the Cloud expy dude jumping over vats with sharks or something.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I find the 2009 design really nice and clean with a pinch of nostalgia. 2013 was a lot more busy. The current design is way better in the way it works with the flow of information, but I guess that removing some of it from the title page wouldn't hurt it.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Cap_H
I find the 2009 design really nice and clean with a pinch of nostalgia. 2013 was a lot more busy. The current design is way better in the way it works with the flow of information, but I guess that removing some of it from the title page wouldn't hurt it.

I will never forgive whoever decided to introduce red text to the frontpage.

And thanks for posting all those images, kentona. Fun to watch young WIP's design skills mature. Apparently stopped liking blue, too...
I remember how proud I was making the dates say Yesterday and Today.

Also for some fun insights, RMN v1 and v2 used a PHP forum and leaned on that for registration and login. For v3, I had to write conversions for all that stuff into the new forum and account code.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Dyluck
So Pom was in the Spotlight, What's Buzzing, RMN TV, New and Notable, and Buzzing Games

Pom was on the front page for a year, or more... It was a painful time...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kory_toombs
Pom was on the front page for a year, or more... It was a painful time...

Only to those that kept pointing that out? I dunno. I guess it was bothersome for a while, but, at some point, it stopped bothering me. Though, I'm sometimes bothered when I see Heartache 101 - Sour Into Sweet on the front page, so, maybe I shouldn't talk too much!
author=kentona
Hellion was big??

Big enough to be featured. Not big enough for me to like it. Or really remember it, actually.

We should have a Nostalgia Games section. When a game is old, but really cool for one reason or another. Gotta bring back Hellion. Because reasons.

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Dang, I remember the second+ iteration of designs... the internet really liked light gray back then, huh. And I'm old.

Also RIP Wilfred the Hero ;__;
Wow, this site's come a long way, suffice to say. So many changes, but I think it all paid off. It looks lovely now :)

Here's to many more years of zaniness and gammak!
BillyX
The Helper Of The Cows
A lot of the featured games in the screenshot well... don't looks so different from the new ones. Hahaha. Still cool to see things the way they were.
Pages: first 12 next last