YOUR GAME MAKER

Pages: first 12 next last
Which designer do you use to make your games?

Discuss!

I mostly use RM2k3, just cause I love playing RPG's, but for those who have played my games know I can design worth shit, so I've been working with my old designing software, GameMaker.
author=pantsman9 link=topic=2430.msg43378#msg43378 date=1226548143
Which designer do you use to make your games?

Discuss!

I mostly use RM2k3, just cause I love playing RPG's, but for those who have played my games know I can design worth shit, so I've been working with my old designing software, GameMaker.

So you only use RM2k3, just cause you love playing RPG's? RM2k, XP and VX games are RPGs too right?

I use VX btw
Haha, misunderstood, I started on RM2k3 because I loved rpg's, I used it brifly when it came out, then when I stumbled apon this forum I rekindled the old files. I just have more experince with RM2k3 then any other.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I use 2k3 mostly because I heard Alter AILA was made in it, and I just stuck with it because that's what I was used to.
Oh I get you now XD

RM2k3 was always my maker of choice, but then I started to see how limited it was (Without scripting)
And When XP came out I was like "wtftallcharacters lolno gtfo" So yeah, I skipped XP, the tall characters did not tickle my fancy, but then VX came along and I just fell in love with the graphics, text and scripting :D
I use 2k3 because it's the first one i learnt to use and i am used to it.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
That's basically what I just said sans grammar. :P
I use RPG Maker XP - It reminds me of teh PSX version, but with more options and better graphics. XD
I use RM2k3 because I like the DBS (vs. RM2k) and built-in class system. Plus, I haven't shelled out for RMVX yet.

I hated RMXP because all of my cool built-in things I was used to in RM2k3 weren't there and I didn't have the patience to learn the Ruby scripting. (And the RTP-styled charsets are really REALLY retarded looking).

RMVX sounds good, but I want to finish off my existing projects before moving on.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I prefer rm2k for the opposite reason as kentona. I absolutley cannot stand ATB battle systems, and I can't figure out why it's so popular. To me, it makes the battles really hectic, because you have to wait for your bar to fill up before you can take an action, and then you have to figure out who your choosing an action for, what you want to do and whether you have to wait for another character to be ready or not, and while all these decisions and waiting are going on, the enemies are hammering away at you automatically without pause. It's just nuts! How can a person make a good tactical choice when there's so much to pay attention to?

Anyway, I looked at the other differences between 2k and 2k3, and decided that 2k better suited my needs. I might look into VX, but continuing my series in it might be tricky graphics-wise. And I've heard just too much confusing stuff about XP.

In all likelyhood, I'll probably look into Game Maker at some point. Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden was made in that, and that's the style of RPG I enjoy. But, for now, rm2k works.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I've been using RM2k3 for most of my projects since it's nice and simple, and I'm used to it. Also, I didn't quite have the $60 to shell out for RMXP before. Now I do, so I'll probably go with that once Paradise Blue is done. All of my battle systems and ideas basically require a bunch of event coding/monster group eventing/scripting anyway. At least RMXP would give me more flexibility that way.
author=halibabica link=topic=2430.msg43490#msg43490 date=1226594474
To me, it makes the battles really hectic, because you have to wait for your bar to fill up before you can take an action, and then you have to figure out who your choosing an action for, what you want to do and whether you have to wait for another character to be ready or not, and while all these decisions and waiting are going on, the enemies are hammering away at you automatically without pause. It's just nuts! How can a person make a good tactical choice when there's so much to pay attention to?

Set the battle mode to wait so when a turn comes up the battle pauses while you give commands. It doesn't help with waiting while gauges fill, but that's a flaw of the system itself. Its possible that the game doesn't have an option for setting to wait though for whatever stupid reason.

For now I use Rm2k3 because I hate myself and I'd like to get something finished for it before tossing it for good and I've messed around with XP/VX but I'm not sure what to use next.
VX. I just started with RPG Maker recently, so I haven't even tried using 2k3.
I did a thread a bit like this awile ago,but...
I like RM2K3 because you can
use a lot of buttons.It helps when you
are making field abilities and ABS'.

I am currently using rm2k3.
Why? Because I'm used to it, I like having certain limitations, as it makes me try and be unique (maps, etc), and because rm2k3 has a good resolution.
If I had come on here before I got XP, then I would have gotten rm2k3 (due to it's immense popularity) but now I have XP, I'll just stick with that.

EDIT: Yeah, Ruby does suck ass.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
VX is the best.
I use Game Maker.

What?

(I can also program in C++ and C to an extent)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Well done AeroGP, you are automatically more respectable than anyone who said RPG Maker.

Don't see any games from you, though!
Pages: first 12 next last