[RMXP] MAKING THE GAME KNOWS IF YOU DECRYPT THE GAME?

Pages: 1
Hello, I've been wondering if there is a way to make your game recognize the .rxproj file (as in players decrypt the game) and make a string of specific events that will always on as long as that .rxproj file is there.

It's like a protection script/event to prevent data tempering or cheating.
Is that possible??

Thank you in advance!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I have Ace, so, it may be slightly different. I would recommend looking at the help file concerning the keyword "rescue", probably under "Control Structures". However, from what I can tell, it could probably look something like...

def catch_decrypt
  File.open("Game.rxproj") rescue return true
  return false
end

...this. My guess is that whatever event(s) need to know that the game has been decrypted, do a conditional branch event-command that runs this function. Pretty sure you can do that in XP, but, not 100%? But, yeah, the idea is that if the function returns true, the event does it's thing. Otherwise, it probably does nothing.
One of my games here featured a contest to win some money, a book, and a T-Shirt to whoever first won the game. Now, keep in mind, decrypting the game and tampering it is basically the only way to win. Someone won.

The game also had multiple endings and to see them all would require months, or possibly years to reach. So, again, I wanted someone to mess with the files.
RPG Maker has a flag called Test Play that you can get if they play it through the editor...But not everyone will do that
:sigh:
Why do you care if people cheat in your games? If it's a one-player game, why does it matter if they find your game too hard and go "I want to finish playing this game, but I can't get past this part and the dev has vanished/I have no internet atm/I can't be bothered digging up where I got it from. Oh, I know, I'll edit the game itself/check the game details for the answer so I can keep playing and finish the game."

You should want people to finish your games, people.

I mean, I get it - if you don't want people to STEAL your shit, but they're not going to be playing the game to steal your stuff - they'll just crack the folders and take what they want (and you can't lock people out completely, just make it harder for them - and thus less likely for them to take the time out of laziness - to crack in to).

So checking for them playing after it's been fixed is just going to annoy those of us who like to make sure they can finish a game... or learn by figuring out how you did this or that thing, which a lot of people still do to learn.
Thank you for your replies, and yes, volke_locke, this is exactly why I ask.

I asked this because I want to make a feature in the game where players are REQUIRED TO DECRYPT THE GAME and teleport them to a side story, or you can say the "HACK MODE" or something. I ask this so I can make an event where the game told the player to actually decrypt it.

I'll try out your suggestions, Marrend. Thank you very much!

PS: You need to chill, Liberty.
Why is this thread made you feel like as if I'm insecure anyone will steal my stuff? Geez. Not everyone felt the way you think they would. SIGH.

Pages: 1