[RMVX ACE] WIDESCREEN ISSUES

Pages: 1
So I've manually set the dimensions of my game at 640x360 to achieve a widescreen look. And while I'm happy with this overall, it's presented quite a few issues that I can't seem to find fixes for. I've searched around a bit, but I haven't really seen anyone else mention these problems? And I'm not using any other custom scripts at the moment, either, so this is purely issues with the dimensions.

1. Scroll map commands no longer work? At all? This is the most pressing glitch, really, because while I can find workarounds to cover up the other issues, this one just renders an entire event function broken.

2. Maps loop slightly, causing the bottom part of the map to display a small strip of the top of the map. In my searches, I was able to find this script that supposedly fixed this issue, but the script doesn't work at all for me and just returns a number of syntax errors.

3. Maps that are the smallest possible size (17x13) shift rapidly to the edge of the screen when the player walks back and forth across them. This can be mitigated by simply making the maps larger and leaving a buffer of negative space, so it's not a huge issue, but if anyone knows a way to stop it completely I wouldn't be opposed.

Anyway these are just a few of the problems I've noticed so far. I'm surprised I haven't found more information talking about this stuff, but I guess not many people really worry about going widescreen either. I just prefer the way it looks, myself.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Try using 352 instead of 360. I think that should fix the looping issue.

Idk about the other problems unfortunately.
Pages: 1