FLURRY OF OWLS - 2019 GAMMAK CHALLENGE!

arkoudamorphic owls

this event makes me sad i broke up with owl's nest, hope rafael keeps the game alive

also both him and i are going to participate on the global game jam with a lot of other devs i know also, it'll be fun, they're making an lgbt+, pro feminist jam site so of course i'll be there

but who knows, maybe a small game about a race of animalomorphic owls would be interesting to make
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
This seems interesting.

I've just a little question: I'd like to use the owl as a symbol (e.g: a mask) rather than the real animal. Is it allowed ?
(I think it would. But I prefer asking before thinking about the game plot.)
author=Fflo
This seems interesting.

I've just a little question: I'd like to use the owl as a symbol (e.g: a mask) rather than the real animal. Is it allowed ?
(I think it would. But I prefer asking before thinking about the game plot.)

Yes, but it has to be the important part of the game.
Goddamnit Dyhalto how much do I have to smoke for them to START talking? I already smoke a LOT.

Anyway, Liberty, I Owl you one for this event. I don't think I even knew how badly I wanted to make a game about an owl until this gave me an excuse to do just that.
I have not seen anyone share owl related resources, stingy, all of you! I mean I don't have any to share either....but still!
So the time limit is until the end of 2019 right?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
You're crazy.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Before I forget for the billionth time, Bunker 9 (which I'm pretty sure counts for this challenge?) used LastLaugh's "flying" and "perched" owl sprites, found via a Google search Grandma Deb's wordpress. Good stuffs.
author=retroexcellent
I have not seen anyone share owl related resources, stingy, all of you! I mean I don't have any to share either....but still!

I have a bunch to share but they're really poorly accredited also I don't have an easy place to host them. Here is a sweet owl battler for MV by Aekashics Librarium aka Coolguy McOccultname.

You know what, I'll just link it instead of embed because it's a huge image.

Free for non-commerciaowl and commerciaowl use.

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Has anyone made an owl game yet?
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
Honestly, no.

I was thinking about making a visual novel featuring humans with owl heads in a school ; but I completely forgot about this since a long time.
still two months to go!

owl gammak go go go
will I push my project apart to make an owl game?

owl course i will.
watermark
Got me my shiny new MZ
Sounds fun. I think I'll make one. I've got an idea for a game with lots of owls.

I actually never figured out what maker score is for...
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
watermark
Sounds fun. I think I'll make one. I've got an idea for a game with lots of owls.

I actually never figured out what maker score is for...

Makerscore is love. Makerscore is life. Makerscore is lockerspace.