[RM2K] QUESTION ABOUT THIS BGM FROM LEGION'S SAGA

Pages: 1
In Legion Saga, there's a battle BGM and I'm wondering where it's from. It's called "flik". Is it a rip from a game, or original music?

This is what it sounds like, maybe someone recognizes it:

https://youtu.be/jB60BeA4H50?t=1239
Yep that's it. Damn that track sounds good. I should play the Suikoden games
You should. They've got some amazing music. And story. And characters. And gameplay.
author=Liberty
You should. They've got some amazing music. And story. And characters. And gameplay.

Libby, is there are already some "fan" games at that serie?
Well, is that game idea from it or?
The original Legion Saga series was essentially a love letter to Suikoden.

Suikoden is some of the best RPGs in my opinion. While IV was a weak point of the series it is still higher on my list then many other older rpgs. I highly suggest you play them.

My love for Suikoden and the love letters that are Legion Saga and Exit Fate are what ultimately lead me to my current work on Legion Saga DX.
I liked Legion Saga, but replaying the first one I do have some gripes with it. I didn't like how the revelation that Durane is actually Ridman gets thrown onto you, but then the reason why isn't explained until near the end of the game. And despite the fact that it's impressive that there's so many recruitable characters, some of those characters are really kind of flat, like Shotan. He's hired for a mission, then gets dragged into a conflict he has nothing to do with and afterwards decides to stay around for no clear reason. He doesn't get much exposure for the rest of the game either from what I recall. The more characters you have the more difficult it is to develop each one of them, and I think the first Legion Saga somewhat fell victim to that.

It was also kinda hard for me to gauge exactly which of the two warring states had the upper hand. At the beginning of the game, it seems Meluvet is close to victory, but then later it's stated Garalas is the state with the technological upper hand over Meluvet. And the rebellion itself... I don't really get it. There's two major states at war, so their solution is "we kill the leaders of both states" and somehow that makes peace. In the real world, wouldn't such actions just breed more hatred and war? The story here always kinda confuses me.

But still a great game and a classic in the RPG Maker community. The fact that the developer managed to make two full sequels out of it is also really impressive. Back then it was a lot to just finish one game.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=EgyLynx
Libby, is there are already some "fan" games at that serie?

Outside of the aforementioned Legion Saga (Hi, Arcmagik!), I can think of at least two: this and this.
author=JustRob
Alot of valid comments about Legion Saga.

Legion Saga has some plotholes. We are trying to fill them all in for DX. However, I can answer several of those as far as I know the story at this point from LS1, LSR, and a ton of documents I got with one of the LS3 files, and conversations with Kamau (Matt).

Garalas was essentially in a civil war already with the rebellion. This is what gave Meluvet the upper hand in their initial assault against Garalas. This wasn't really a new thing though as Meluvet and Garalas had a bunch of borser skirmishes between Seimu and Kakria Checkpoint. Garalas was fighting a two sided war at that point which negated any advantages they may have held over Meluvet.

They lost grounds to both the rebellion and Meluvet.

I believe that given the info in LSR that the common people of Garalas were starting to feel discontent with their central leadership that was completely removed from them in Lodaria in the case of the King/Queen or Pocken being a bit of a demonlogist... That is why Ridman and Geirbis (sp? I am not in front of my notes) formed the rebellion in the first place. As Garalas fell more people rallied to the rebellion for this reason.

There was probably alot of bumps in the road though between LS1 and LS3 for the reformation of the Evancourt Empire but we don't see a lot of that. Political dissonance happens in all countries!

As for Shotan definitely doesn't get enough story time for a character that is in all three games. The best explanation is he is loyal to his contract which is why he is dragged along but even that gets filmsy after Pocken is defeated. We are adding more to Shotan's backstory and storyline in DX.

Now that I am have shown myself as a Legion Saga nerd I am going to back away slowly. Lol
Thanks for that, definitely makes a bit more sense that way.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Killing leaders can be helpful. It might cause some bad blood, but often it seeds changes in the regime as well as new leaders often have a different point of view. Or you can get Stalin.
author=Cap_H
Killing leaders can be helpful. It might cause some bad blood, but often it seeds changes in the regime as well as new leaders often have a different point of view. Or you can get Stalin.

That may be true. But the rebellion doesn't only kill the leaders, it also seizes power instead of letting the states choose a new leader among their own. Would the collective people of a state really go along with that? Wouldn't it seem like a power grab?
Sometimes at real past, if someone take power at revolt it leadership end at revolt...

i think you know too well...

author=Arcmagik
The original Legion Saga series was essentially a love letter to Suikoden.

Suikoden is some of the best RPGs in my opinion. While IV was a weak point of the series it is still higher on my list then many other older rpgs. I highly suggest you play them.

My love for Suikoden and the love letters that are Legion Saga and Exit Fate are what ultimately lead me to my current work on Legion Saga DX.
What it? Story charatest or just feeling?
Hmm... if must say comerial, that real Chrono trigger is.. well... these nds dungeos feelings at wery... well... low it... only filler and nothing else...

non comercial... not easy.
Pages: 1