SOME NEW (AND OLD) IDEAS FOR FUTURE EVENTS

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=Sooz
author=Cap_H
We need to give people something to enter the event for.
We do, it's called "MakerScore" and "achievement badges." Also, ideally, "the event is fun."

Although makerscore and badges have not been given out for the fairy tale event yet so.....
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think that's motivation fór rmn regulars. The only way to attract new people is to either have really good themes (Halloween events are quite successful in this regard as many RM users are horror fans) or something to win.
Honestly, I enjoy more community oriented events like McBacon jams, Release Somethings and anniversary events, but a good competition would be a welcomed change around here.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=grindalf
Although makerscore and badges have not been given out for the fairy tale event yet so.....
Swapsies 2 badges were also gonna be given out after libby had streamed all games. That unfortunately hasn't happened.
Um, Fake News much? The swapsies 2 badges have all been given out, ages ago.
Actually, mixed that up with the old swapsies. I am working on getting the streams out and done, just the weather has been hell lately so I've basically put it off til it cools down a bit. That said, nothing says I can't give out the first half badges, so doing now.

As I've said more than once, the Fairy Tale event is being worked on.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Maybe instead of the cat herding that a judged event would require, go the Misaos route and leave the judging to the community. After all, the best events aren't the super serious ones, but the ones that are pure, exuberant weird fun. At least IMO, and I mostly just participate in the "make a stupid game in a ridiculous time" ones. :V
We do have the option of allowing voting for games on event pages however every time we use it it doesn't really... work out well? We end up getting a small amount of votes because the chances of the community playing all the games to come out of an event are small.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Take the money that you would use as prize money and bribe the community to play games. Problem solved!
An event where you make a fan-game of any existing game on the site.
The winner's game is then deemed canon.
Pages: first prev 12 last