[RM2K3] NEED ADVICE COMING UP WITH A NAME FOR MY PROJECT.

Pages: 1
I'm not very good at thinking up of names for my projects (Be it my games or my novels). And upon learning of the Diablo 3 expansion Rise of the Necromancer. I kind of feel that I should change the title of my current project Resurrection of the Necromancer. The only problem is as I've stated I suck at naming things. So how do you guys think of names for your projects, and has anyone got any naming tips for me?
unity
You're magical to me.
This is honestly one of my biggest problems: I really really am bad at coming up with titles. Funny enough, I think both Quest Questers and Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening got their names from me making threads about not knowing what to call them and then kentona suggesting titles at me XD (Thanks kentona, you're the best!)

Sometimes, a name will just come to me and I'll be like "Great! That's the name!" but mostly it's really difficult for me. I have a game-in-making and I can't for the life of me come up a name for it. It's pretty frustrating XD;;;;
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Describe your game here and let the maniacs at RMN bestow a name on it.
It's a dark fantasy. Since the dawn of time in the land of Gandmyr the six major religions; The Creed, The Stoneborn, The Watchers, The Wing'd Sisters, The Sons of Silence and The Enkindled Ones have fought over the power of the necromancer. Some of the religions want to make sure the power is sealed away for good so that it never falls into the wrong hands, other religions want to control the power and shape the world as they see fit. The main character, a templar of The Creed has been tasked with finding a way to destroy the Necromancer and his power for good. And it's a mission he will see done. Even if it means turning against his friends and allies.

I did come up with the name The Shadow Behind the Six, but it sounds a bit silly.
author=unity
This is honestly one of my biggest problems: I really really am bad at coming up with titles. Funny enough, I think both Quest Questers and Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening got their names from me making threads about not knowing what to call them and then kentona suggesting titles at me XD (Thanks kentona, you're the best!)

Sometimes, a name will just come to me and I'll be like "Great! That's the name!" but mostly it's really difficult for me. I have a game-in-making and I can't for the life of me come up a name for it. It's pretty frustrating XD;;;;

wait, did I suggest Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening? i honestly don't remember.

The Necromancer and His Power for Good
The Undoing
Death Knight's Night
Templar Implacable
The Unrevival

...I dunno, not really feelin' it for this game so far. I'm better at ones with a quirky setting, I guess.
Yeah, the setting for this game is about as standard dark fantasy as you can get. Kind of like a game of soggy biscuit between Game of Thrones and Berserk, with HeroQuest as the biscuit.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
wait, did I suggest Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening? i honestly don't remember.

I can't find the thread offhand, but I remember it being something like me asking for names, and giving the description of the game as "Weird and unfortunate things are happening in the city of Daybreak, and blah blah blah abandoned town in another dimension blah blah lost niece blah blah."

And you said "Why not just call it 'Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening'" and I was like "That's weird enough that I kinda love it" and went with it XD

I still wanna find the thread to confirm, as my memory's not the best and I could be wrong.
author=unity
author=kentona
I can't find the thread offhand, but I remember it being something like me asking for names, and giving the description of the game as "Weird and unfortunate things are happening in the city of Daybreak, and blah blah blah abandoned town in another dimension blah blah lost niece blah blah."

And you said "Why not just call it 'Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening'" and I was like "That's weird enough that I kinda love it" and went with it XD

I still wanna find the thread to confirm, as my memory's not the best and I could be wrong.

That sounds vaguely familiar.

anywho,

Stan for the Necromancer
Eliminate the Necromancer
Soul Jar Soldier
Souldier
Lichyards
Revenant Phylactery
The Irrelevant Revenant
The Eldritch Honour
I'm liking some of these titles. So far I'm compiling a list as well as mixing and matching words to see what sticks.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You're thinking of this status, unity.

*thumbs up*

*Edit: More relevant to this thread, my initial thought was to combine the character's religion with that of the location where the game place. So, Creed of Gandmyr. Maybe a play on Assassin's Creed with Gandmyr's Creed.

Though, if I must be honest, I really like kentona's suggestion of Revenant Phylactery.
unity
You're magical to me.
Ah, there it is! Thanks Marrend! ^_^

I also like Revenant Phylactery and also The Eldritch Honour.
The one that strikes out at me the most (after staying up way too late deliberating over this) is The Unrevival, it's short and punchy. However. I'll keep it as a working title for now until something else pops out at me.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I like the Unrevival
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Determinator
In Service of the Sixth Realm: A Grim Adventure
In It for The Creed
Templar's Mission
Mission Imperishable
Undead Strike
Grave Situation
Last moments of the Bone Loner
Desacreted Grounds