OLDER RPG MAKER 2000/2003 GAMES?

Pages: 1
Man... I am having NO luck finding a plethora of old games. It's actually amazing to me how few I can really find. Most games uploaded are newer. I can't even find any old sites or anything that might have them. I think some of them might not have even been in english.

1) It was samurai like. Action. I remember the menu was custom. It was kind of a pretty game. I remember the bar fight was against a rather speedy opponent. Each boss had their own unique way of fighting you.

2) This one I can't really remember too much about gameplay. I also can't remember if I am thinking of two separate games or what. I remember an opening sequence of a snowy area as it scrolled up. I think it played an enya song, only time or something like that? There was also another opening, which could have been a different game... this one impressed me because it appeared animated, but they actually used a number of images to pull off the animation. There was an anime girl. Also leaves falling. I think it played to a japanese song.

3) This one was a horror of sorts. I remember it starting you outside a mansion. When you walked through the snow, you left foot prints, which I thought was kind of cool. I don't think I got too far into the mansion to remember much else.

4) A huge modern town. There were two arcade games. I was super impressed with this one. They had DDR, and one of those top down scrolling airplane shooters (moved up rather than left to right).

Those are just some of the top ones on my mind. There are bits and pieces to other ones. Like being on a boat at the start, and going to see the captain, but someone comes sliding over to you (was it on a skate board of sorts?).

I wish I could get my old hard drive to work, or find my own games. I used to take assets from all of these games because I couldn't map worth crap and cram them all together. I was making games for myself, so I didn't mind borrowing assets (which most games already borrowed assets from actual games anyway, haha).
I know a ton of RM2k(3) games from yesteryear but unfortunately I can't recognize any of the ones you mentioned, although the Enya song one kind of sounds familiar. There's a handful of threads and pages of people documenting old games... we should really get a proper database sorted for these!
have you checked out SegNin's rare and obscure RPG game list? https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/
author=kentona
have you checked out SegNin's rare and obscure RPG game list? https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/

Thanks kentona! ♥

Yeah, I made a recording of it under the new request/description section - If you're still around zankokunoyami, make sure to post your descriptions in the link kentona mentioned as well, so more people can see it.

#4 sounds like a really cool game! especially the ddr mini game,

Descriptions like this are usually difficult, because if it's like the situation we had with deadly rivals - the most we can hope for in situations like this, is if an older user from the rm community comes and sees this and recognizes it. But yeah, I've thought about this problem a lot - I was thinking in future, of possibly renaming the thread again, so it'd be easier to find on google and function more like the old games we can't remember the name of over on the escapist forums, but for rpgmaker games, so people can find old games faster.

Because when people are looking for old games, they're usually looking for pictures, screenshot or descriptions.

But yeah, zankokunoyami keep us posted!♥

EDIT: zankokunoyami, you mentioned DDR, by any chance, did it look like this game?

author=LordBlueRouge
author=kentona
Thanks kentona! ♥

Yeah, I made a recording of it under the new request/description section - If you're still around zankokunoyami, make sure to post your descriptions in the link kentona mentioned as well, so more people can see it.

#4 sounds like a really cool game! especially the ddr mini game,

Descriptions like this are usually difficult, because if it's like the situation we had with deadly rivals - the most we can hope for in situations like this, is if an older user from the rm community comes and sees this and recognizes it. But yeah, I've thought about this problem a lot - I was thinking in future, of possibly renaming the thread again, so it'd be easier to find on google and function more like the old games we can't remember the name of over on the escapist forums, but for rpgmaker games, so people can find old games faster.

Because when people are looking for old games, they're usually looking for pictures, screenshot or descriptions.

But yeah, zankokunoyami keep us posted!♥

EDIT: zankokunoyami, you mentioned DDR, by any chance, did it look like this game?

Wow, I had no idea all of these sites excited. I was searching for HOURS through google and couldnt find any of this. Thank you so much!

That DDR doesnt look quite right... I haven't found any of the games I was looking for, that were listed here of course. Because there was one I DIDNT mention because the only two parts of it were way too vague. It was Naufragar: Crimson, haha. Meanwhile, I have found several I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT!! I so remember playing them! Dues Cards and Crimson Report.

I shall continue digging. Thank you so far for all your help!

I remember back when there were archive after archive of these games. Now it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Makes me wish I found find all my back ups!!

Edit 1: FOUND Number 1! The second I read it's title I KNEW it was it. Shattered Samurai.
I have an old one. It's bad tho. It's also not finished. >_>
It was submitted to the site in 2014, but I probably stopped working on it in, like, 2002 or something. It was featured on GGZ if that says anything.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/6381/
author=Illy
It was submitted to the site in 2014, but I probably stopped working on it in, like, 2002 or something. It was featured on GGZ if that says anything.

Thanks Illy!♥

author=zankokunoyami
4) A huge modern town. There were two arcade games. I was super impressed with this one. They had DDR, and one of those top down scrolling airplane shooters (moved up rather than left to right).

zankokunoyami,

I have to ask again, is number 4 by any chance Fatal Limits?

...I just want really to see this ddr mini game and top down shooter made in rpgmaker!
ARGH! If you can remember anything more about it, let me know!
author=Illy

There is something about that mech and the red dots on the bottom that I feel reminiscent...

author=zankokunoyami

zankokunoyami,

I have to ask again, is number 4 by any chance Fatal Limits?

...I just want really to see this ddr mini game and top down shooter made in rpgmaker!
ARGH! If you can remember anything more about it, let me know!

I need to continue my searches. Real life keeps getting in the way. You have no idea how many games I did find though that I had completely forgotten. Dues Cards, Chimera Report (this one was so awesome).

But I think I DID find the DDR one. How memory plays tricks. I think it was its own game, Jump!, this one looked right http://www.rpg-maker.fr/jeux-116-jump.html. So they might have been two different games, or maybe the town had the other game. Or I am just blending them all together in my mind, hahaha.

That's two. Now I need to find the others!

Thank you everyone!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You sure that anime game was an RPG maker game and not something like this:

author= zankokunoyami
There was also another opening, which could have been a different game... this one impressed me because it appeared animated, but they actually used a number of images to pull off the animation. There was an anime girl. Also leaves falling. I think it played to a japanese song.

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but perhaps Mazae 2nd Strike?

LittleVagrant, who made it, actually went on to be a professional game designer. He helped design graphics for DarkSiders 2.
Your article is great, I have read a lot of articles but I was really impressed with your writing. Thank you, I will review this post. To get to know me, please try to talk to me: *Spam-I-Am NOT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH*
Totally remember 1) (Shattered Samurai).

Is one of (2) Until My Finest Hour??

Also Naufragar was a fun game.
author=Faenon
Totally remember 1) (Shattered Samurai).

Is one of (2) Until My Finest Hour??

Also Naufragar was a fun game.

How many versions of Naufragar were there? I remember someone wrote a really great retrospective back in 2007 about Naufragar. But the only two versions I come across are Naufragar and Naufragar Crimson, the remake I think?
Ah, I only ever played Naufragar Crimson. From memory it was unfinished, but it was still fun.
I was so certain that #2 was Starlancer Six but I played the opening again and there was no snow, no leaves, and no Japanese music. There was an anime girl though....

Do you know more about #3? There aren't too many horror games around, so a bit more info may help direct us. First to my mind were Backstage or Grave Spirit but I don't think either did that snow effect.

EDIT: Oh my, and I just noticed I necro'd this pretty bad. I didn't realize the 2nd page was this old! Sorry about that.
It's great because so many of them are so bad!!! (A sad truth.) :< It's hard holding them all on one computer I may end up backing up games onto something physical. I'm having a hard time finding old games too, you're not really alone on this one.
author=zankokunoyami
I remember an opening sequence of a snowy area as it scrolled up. I think it played an enya song, only time or something like that?
Sunset Over Imdahl had animated maps including occasionally wintery seasons. Although, it didn't have Enya on the soundtrack.
2) This one I can't really remember too much about gameplay. I also can't remember if I am thinking of two separate games or what. I remember an opening sequence of a snowy area as it scrolled up. I think it played an enya song, only time or something like that? There was also another opening, which could have been a different game... this one impressed me because it appeared animated, but they actually used a number of images to pull off the animation. There was an anime girl. Also leaves falling. I think it played to a japanese song.
I'm pretty sure this game is an older version of Aedemphia, before all songs were put away to have a clean soundtrack. It indeed had tracks from Enya, including Only Time.
I've been trying to find old games too but it just seems like
Nothing! Not a thing. Or I find old games in that OLD GAMES LIST and boy, was I
wrong to even try it. Not even like...playable or remotely like a human made it.

So inside of my head, I feel like someone casted Drain on me and I lost my MP and I'm just breaking down inside, in the fetal position crying. DEAR GOD WHY.

The games that weren't made. Or the games that never existed! Part 900!

I have been looking for older games too but the ones I end up finding are a bunch of bunk. Danny's Adventure 1 and 2 was at least somewhat playable. I think some guy(s) going by Diabolical Vengeance and Mysterious Ages may have made those??? I dunno. I even went as far to add a couple things to those games, and some customized Splash Screens before the title screen appears - just for their sake of their games. They did "4Gems", maybe even Nightmare of the Elven World, and Call of the Archon. By old, I mean THAT old, like from 2001. I'm spoiled by the decent and outstanding games really!! So either, there are none, or there are ones that are hidden from view.

Don't avoid me like the plague like the man is around either. I shall find those games! Mwahaha!
Pages: 1