USING SKILLS AND CHARACTER LEVELING TO TELL A STORY

Pages: 1
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Ran into this very nice video talking about an aspect of storytelling we don't normally consider when making gam. Please enjoy!

Watching that video made me want to give Phantasy Star 4 another try. And now I'm going to try to see if I can notice everything raised in the video.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
don't have time to watch tonight, but will tomorrow hopefully. posting now to say that PSIV IS VERY GOOD AND YALL SHOULD PLAY IT, thanks
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Craze
PSIV IS VERY GOOD AND YALL SHOULD PLAY IT, thanks

This is very true and very good advice.
I don't think it's necessary to use stats to tell a story, but it is nice if you do so. However, I do think the stats should match the story already told. For example, there is a game called Tales of Destiny where the party (3 people so far) looses to a single man in a semi unbeatable boss fight. Then said boss joins the party and he is just one level higher than the rest of them and his stats are not that impressive either. You should not do that. If the story says something about a person's combat prowess, the stats should not contradict that claim. This goes for both party members and enemies.

Sooz
That Leon fight is 100% bullshit
Pages: 1