[RMVX ACE] TRANSPARENCY ISSUES DURING PLAYER TRANSFER

Pages: 1
Is there a way to change transparency when transferring player to another cutscenes,etc., without the change taking place before he moves or after he is on the new map? Thanks

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I know you can change transparency as part of a Move Route. However, turning it on, doing the map transition, then turning it off (all in the same event), doesn't sound like what you're looking for?

Yes, I use move route,but, the change takes place before I transfer from the map I'm on or after I have landed on the new map. This is going from on to off or off to on
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
dnel, you need to fadeout the screen first, then activate transparency, THEN use a transfer event, and then fadein the screen.

You need to do this for every scene in which you want to change something before leaving a map.

I'm not sure if the wait event is necessary, I always use it to ensure things happen at the correct pace and out of habit from my 2k3 days.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, I dunno if this is exactly the effect you are looking for. However, a possible solution, which I have done for certain cut-scenes, is to Tint Screen to black. Then, set whatever graphical property the player avatar needs to have. What I have done on occasion for cut-scenes is empty the party, and use the player avatar as a "camera". Anyway, I follow with a map transition, then a Tint Screen back to normal. Let the cut-scene do it's thing, Tint Screen to black after it's done. Then, reset the player avatar graphic (or party, or whatever), return to the original map, then Tint Screen back to normal.

Hope this helps?
That sounds great. It sounds like that would hide the changing of transparency. Thank you, again Marrend.
Pages: 1