[POLL] THE RMN BRAIN TRUST (SUIKODEN FAN-GAME POLL)

Poll

Which Suikoden fan-game should I work on? - Results

The Scarlet Moon Empire - War of Succession (Pre V & I)
61%
"Suikoden 6" (Post Suikoden III's Timeline)
38%

Pages: 1
Omfg... We have a forum. I forgot that it existed... I thought we were all discord. Haha.

So I want to tap into the horrors and calamities of the RMN Brain Trust for a minute here. I am considering playing around with a Suikoden fan-game. I have two ideas but I am having trouble deciding between the two of them. I think they both have pros and cons... some of them will likely be obvious just based on the poll question. So without further ado, give me your opinions, smart-ass comments will be made fun of or ignored depending on my mood. I am looking at you, Lil Z & Esby.

At some point Legion Saga will be done, and I will need something to focus on afterwards. Occasionally, I need something to play around with between working on LS to keep it fresh. Plus if I ever need to test out a system for LS... a Suikoden fan-game is a good testing ground considering some of the features can be shared.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
PES

MER

GA
ive never played a suikoden game in my life (except LS lolololololololol)

The Scarlet Moon Empire sounds cooler so I'm voting for that
Legion Saga DX has become the official remake, and not a fan game now. So now I need another fan game in my life!

Also... Well played. I commend the effort to type that out and add my name.

Something I have played around with a month ago for a War of Succession game... the "younger" versions of Barbarosa and his six generals, plus young Tir and Gremio.

author=Craze
PES

MER

GA

Funny that you mention that... I wanted to do that... but I had this idea to flip the script and have Permerga be on the enemy side, and Yuber be recruitable... Might be to far out there.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Try this game instead.

In more seriousness, I sometimes feel like there was a playable Suikoden-like game to the backstory of Suikoden 2 as much as the original, and Suikoden 5. Like, that original conflict of Highland and the City-States where it ended in the duel of Genkaku and Han could be interesting, onto itself. Same with the in-fighting that lead to Arshtat's rise to the Queendom of Falena.

I had this idea to flip the script and have Permerga be on the enemy side, and Yuber be recruitable... Might be to far out there.

That's... not necessarily as far out there as you might think? I mean, yeah, Yuber was in the first three games as an antagonist, but...

...he was a Star of Destiny in Suikoden 3.

*Edit: Let's not forget that there's still, like, 150 years between the events of Suikoden 4 and those of the original game. That's a pretty big chuck of time. Considering how much war there seems to be in the world of Suikoden, there probably was something going somewhere! Which, I suppose might be a lead-in to considerations for Suikoden 6.
I only really played 3 so :eyes emoji: I’m a fan of something set with that
Marrend
...Now that you mention it, the First Fire Bringer War could certainly be a basis for a Suikoden game as well.
I mean... Yeah there are several areas that you could slot games in.

Anything between Suikoden IV & V
The Succession War of Falena
The War of Succession of the Scarlet Moon Empire
The First Fire Bringer War
Original Highland / City State Conflict
Post Suikoden 3 / the Side Game with Nash

I am mostly interested in doing a Post Suikoden 3, or a Pre-Suikoden 1 War of Succession
You seem to have missed the part on discord about this being a chain game or having 108 devs.

I have never played suikoden (bar a tiny bit of V) but Libby's love of them is contagious. It's on the to play pile.
PLAY THE GAME KRONK!

You can get them on PS3 - they're like a handful of bucks on the PS store now. Worth to get!
author=Fomar0153
You seem to have missed the part on discord about this being a chain game or having 108 devs.

I have never played suikoden (bar a tiny bit of V) but Libby's love of them is contagious. It's on the to play pile.

I must have missed something about that. I've been talking about this for nearly a month now. I didn't not read that full conversation earlier that mentioned Suikoden. All I saw was Suikoden and it sparked the fire for me to tag Jojo in gamedev about sprites and posted this forum message. lol
Marrend
Well, if this site does anything Suikoden-themed, I could see a chain-game. Though, I seriously doubt the site could gather the 27 True Runes Developers, much less gather the 108 Stars Developers of Destiny. Though, even if you manage to get the 27 True Developers, that would more than likely fall apart.

Or, well, we do a review event where the goal is to have the 108 Reviews of Destiny? That might be more feasible.
I have said that if we ever do a 108 Reviews of Destiny event, that will be the warning that I'm thinking of leaving Adminship. XD

Not because it's a bad idea - it's a great one and I had it ages ago - but just cos it'd be a great way for me to go out on a bang~
I posted this in Discord awhile back, but I did a mock-up of some sprites for a War of Succession game.

The only one I wasn't really satisfied with so I plan to redo it at some pooint is Milich Oppenheimer.
I've always considered when I was going to take a crack at a Suiko fangam. I love the idea of unite attacks and designing the CBS for it would be fun/terrible.
Marrend
If one doesn't worry about animated battlers, or even a side-view system, I've got a bug to work out. Other than that, yeah, I'm the crazy using the default battle engine. Outside of that bug, it seems to work as intended.
Pages: 1